1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

BT Tech Stiffening plate

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by BethlehemPrius, Feb 4, 2007.

1. apriusfan

apriusfan New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Anyone want to take a run at 1,000 posts? :)

2. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(draker @ Apr 25 2007, 04:58 PM) [snapback]430183[/snapback]</div>
    This makes sense to me because I am sure Toyota has not done any testing with it and thus can't be sure of what effects result. Toyota has their best interest in mind is all. Now if a dealership wants to honor Toyota's request that is up to them. but I am sure they don't have to.

So if I buy the BT Plate can I get a full refund if I don't feel a difference with it?

3. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rest @ Apr 25 2007, 11:31 PM) [snapback]430275[/snapback]</div>
    I"m not sure how it works.. but that may depend on where you buy it from.. if its from PC shop, then Danny makes the policy on all returns.

Some are not so graceful installing an aluminum part and may scar it... I don't know if any of that comes to bear or not.

Maybe someone can clarify.

But as far as relocating the thread... this has been a study of how and if the plate works and within that discussion, yes you can call it free advertizing, but its not the purpose.

All those who promote it do so without profit but solely by the enthusiasm of thier testimony and esperience.

If this thread was dedicated soley to advertizing.... I don't think all the negative statements made about it would have been allowed.

Freedom of speech is a liberty shared on PC that makes it great, its when there is utter disrespect for the feelings and opinions of others and purposeful tearing down just for the fun of tearing down like teenage hoodlums do is when it gets nasty.

4. priussoris

priussoris New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BT Tech @ Apr 25 2007, 06:59 PM) [snapback]430222[/snapback]</div>
    So Brian if I feel no difference with your plate is it a 100% money back ? Or is this a Danny question?
    I see that question was not answered earlier.

5. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    I ordered one. I'll be happy to post my opinions after the install, but I'm aware that they are will be just that, only another opinion, no scientific in any way, shape or form. I don't, however, see any harm in replacing the OEM plate with the BT plate. Any, my $.2 :D

6. ValleyBoy

ValleyBoy Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rangerdavid @ Apr 26 2007, 06:23 AM) [snapback]430376[/snapback]</div>

Without having read the thousands of pages here, what is the final outcome as to the effect of add the BT plate on the factory warranty? Does it void it?

7. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ValleyBoy @ Apr 26 2007, 10:54 AM) [snapback]430531[/snapback]</div>
    No, nothing automatically voids your entire warranty. If this was some key structural component and you had a structural failure after removing the OEM plate and putting the BT one on and they could prove that the BT plate was the cause of the failure then they could refuse the structural repair under warranty. That seems unlikely or impossible to me. It won't affect anything else about your warranty by law.

8. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ValleyBoy @ Apr 26 2007, 08:54 AM) [snapback]430531[/snapback]</div>
    No, unless you strip the treads on the install and can't even put the OEM plate back, or if you didn't torque it up right and it fell off and caused an accident. I can't imagine this mod voiding the warranty at all.

EDIT: This is what I get for stepping away from the keyboard. efusco answered before I could hit send. :D Well, the answer's the same, don't worry about voiding the warranty with the BT plate.

9. BT Tech

BT Tech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    WS is absolutely correct. The reason that I did not answer the earlier questions regarding any customer returns is simply becaause the vast majority of our BT Tech plate sales are through the Prius Chat online store. We can not dictate to them what their return policies are so if anyone has questions regarding this I would suggest contacting them directly.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Apr 26 2007, 07:04 AM) [snapback]430369[/snapback]</div>

10. mrbogie

mrbogie New Member

I knew you guys could not stop at 500.

11. BT Tech

BT Tech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Just out of curiosity, what is the significance of 500??

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mrbogie @ Apr 26 2007, 12:24 PM) [snapback]430569[/snapback]</div>

12. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BT Tech @ Apr 26 2007, 09:30 AM) [snapback]430574[/snapback]</div>
    It's a nice round number. There's now over 500 posts on the current thread. It just about ended at 490, but we wanted to go that extra mile. :)

13. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aaf709 @ Apr 26 2007, 12:39 PM) [snapback]430631[/snapback]</div>
    Yea.. we're into breaking records here on PC.....If someone returns a BT plate for dissatisfaction, they too will have broken a record by being the first! :blink: :unsure:

14. priussoris

priussoris New Member

While typing this message the energizer bunnie just went across the screen.
    It keeps going and going and going

15. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priussoris @ Apr 26 2007, 01:19 PM) [snapback]430659[/snapback]</div>
    What must perpetuate this thread is the mystery of how it works since thats not obvious it makes for some interesting discussion.
    I"m not totally gullible when I buy a hight dollar item I study, research, look for reviews and call around..... buying something as big as a car or even a few thousand dollars I spend allot of research on.

I guess in my time on PC I have learned to trust most of what I read as credible on out here.. the crowd in generally highly technical and many smart people oversee whats said and thats a nice protection for those who don't know better.... usually when something is bogus.. It gets found out very quickly and not in a kind way is it cast asunder!

After reading from so many people that I knew were very eductated and intelligent as I followed thier threads, I took the plunge and have never looked back.
    Its a mystery to me why a few have not marked a difference when others notice an immediate difference.... for me, it wasn't immediate, but rather when I stressed the car with various scenarious and situations.

I can't imagine going without it now... I remember, I liked the plates for both of my cars so much that after keeping the old stock plates around for a few months in the garage, I finally tossed them knowing they would never go back on.... even if I sold the car, I would want the next driver to enjoy the same ride I did... I would really feel bad for cheating them on the best ride so I could save 165.00 bucks....
    It makes me feel warm and fuzzy to treat people right when I know they deserve it because thier paying for it and will appreciate it.

I guess if the BT plate is truely a religion, it will never die!.. LOL!

16. BT Tech

BT Tech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Was it "Syclone" that posted our BT plate with all of that nice stained crystal glass in the house of warship?? :) :) I must admit that it was one of the funnier posts that I have seen!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Apr 26 2007, 02:34 PM) [snapback]430670[/snapback]</div>

17. Darken

Darken Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Apr 26 2007, 02:34 PM) [snapback]430670[/snapback]</div>
    With such high praise as this and others, I could not pass up the savings and took the plunge. Let me thank everyone who commented on this thread, it was descriptive and interesting reading. I have no doubt the plate will make a difference, even if I don't feel an immediate change. Thanks!

18. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darken @ Apr 26 2007, 02:05 PM) [snapback]430695[/snapback]</div>
    Wow, you actually read the "whole" thread?.. my hats off to you!

There is some comprehensive discussion if one can take the time to read it all.

Well, a few folks recently have bought it and come back with very positive results, but is seems they are squashed or at best ignored since there is already such a sea of positive reports that thier report does not stand out in the crowd... .I"m afraid if one wants to be noticed, they have to have a "negative" report!... :lol:

Sounds like politics!

19. Syclone

Syclone Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(syclone @ Apr 9 2007, 09:51 AM) [snapback]420241[/snapback]</div>
    <div align="center"> :rolleyes: </div>
    [/b][/quote]

<div align="center">The peace of BT be with you!</div>

<div align="center"> :lol: :lol: </div>

20. BT Tech

BT Tech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    C'mon Syclone, where is that picture of all of that beautiful crystal glass surrounded by the BT plate??? :) :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(syclone @ Apr 26 2007, 03:55 PM) [snapback]430724[/snapback]</div>
    <div align="center"> :lol: :lol: </div>
    [/b][/quote]