1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

BT Tech Stiffening plate

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by BethlehemPrius, Feb 4, 2007.

1. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rae Vynn @ May 24 2007, 04:53 PM) [snapback]449386[/snapback]</div>
    Humm.. lets see.. If I install "six" of them.. .I shouldn't need gas at all ... or at least use no gas at all.
    I get about 51mph driving like a loon with my one plate... so five more should do the trick if my math is right.... maybe if I just put 10 on, I can fly like you?

2. Syclone

Syclone Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    <div align="center">There was a full moon tonight - My BT Plate seemed to work better than ever! :unsure: </div>

3. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    :lol: I rub it for luck before every trip!! :lol:

4. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rangerdavid @ Jun 1 2007, 06:48 AM) [snapback]453129[/snapback]</div>
    Does a Jennie appear too?

I don't know what makes mine work.. I"m sure there's a good scientific reason but I don't really care as long as it works...... I'm thinking about putting one on my boat!... Does it come in baby blue?
    I hear thats the best for aqua marine uses. :)

P.S. I feel sorry for the new readers.. they must be really confused about now! :p

5. robincx

robincx "Fear is the mind killer"

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I put one on my bicycle, it's a little heavier, but the added control is well worth it!

6. priussoris

priussoris New Member

The Bt tech plate works great on dogs that just can not heel properly keeps them in line :D

7. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I bet they would help the airline industry.. imagine less tail wag when encountering strong turbulence!... they are already made of the right stuff!

I bet is I strapped one across my dog he would get less tail wag too!

8. Syclone

Syclone Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Jun 1 2007, 12:43 PM) [snapback]453304[/snapback]</div>
    <div align="center">After much research, I have come to the conclusion that the BT Plate works for the same reason that airplanes can fly</div>
    <div align="center">PFM!</div>

9. Ken Stewart

Ken Stewart New Member

I can not believe that these posts are still going. I just responded to another bt plate post about how they were tring to induce and measure the amount of flex by jumping up and down on the seat. :blink: :unsure:

I must confess however that these posts can be fun!

Best,

Ken Stewart

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(syclone @ Jun 2 2007, 08:13 AM) [snapback]453835[/snapback]</div>
    <div align="center">PFM!</div>
    [/b][/quote]

10. apriusfan

apriusfan New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ken Stewart @ Jun 2 2007, 03:49 PM) [snapback]454067[/snapback]</div>
    Well, the initial objective was to get to 600 posts. Once that was achieved, then by default, the next objective became 700 posts. Only 70 more to go!

11. dmckinstry

dmckinstry New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(apriusfan @ Jun 2 2007, 06:26 PM) [snapback]454159[/snapback]</div>
    Nope. Not just 700. 6! = 720.

The trouble is, the second thread has diluted the numbers.

Dave M.

12. apriusfan

apriusfan New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dmckinstry @ Jun 2 2007, 08:35 PM) [snapback]454201[/snapback]</div>
    It has! The originator of the other thread should be ashamed! They could atone for their sin by asking the moderators to combine the threads.... Then we could get to 700 posts that much quicker. And, the next objective of 800 posts could be targeted.

13. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Thank you to all who have expanded on the alternate uses for the BT Tech Plate. I have decided to order eitht and use them as a set of coasters. I think they will prevent drinks from getting spilled, and maybe even make them bottomless drinks.

And, just to stay on topic, a little, I still say all the static test involving jacking up one corner of the car and bouncing up and down are totally bogus, not representing the side to side forces that the suspension sees in the dymamic mode or crusing down the road at 50 or 60 mph, Or MPG, take your pick.

14. apriusfan

apriusfan New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NoMoShocks @ Jun 3 2007, 09:54 AM) [snapback]454416[/snapback]</div>
    Actually, they make great trays for carrying the drinks. :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NoMoShocks @ Jun 3 2007, 09:54 AM) [snapback]454416[/snapback]</div>
    What about the number of drinks per hour? The tray, um stiffening plate should enable a greater volume of drink consumption by enabling multiple drinks to be consumed in a shorter period of time.... This is a very important consideration with the onset of higher summer temperatures!

15. BT Tech

BT Tech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Okay, let's make sure that I got this right.... Our BT Tech plate is now used on bicycles, dogs that don't walk straight, flimsy airplanes and now is used as a cup holder?? :) :) :)

I'm suprised that I did not see that they are also used on walkers and wheel chairs...

Seriously though guys, I know we are all having fun with this but please let's get back O/T as newer members that read these posts might not see that we are just having a little fun.....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(apriusfan @ Jun 3 2007, 01:25 PM) [snapback]454435[/snapback]</div>

16. Tom6850

Tom6850 Retired

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(apriusfan @ Jun 3 2007, 12:00 AM) [snapback]454210[/snapback]</div>
    I felt I had to post in the other thread, but I am in favor of adding the other post to the original by Bethlehem Prius. I personally am in favor of keeping the original thread going.

As an alternative, it would be nice if we could copy to the original thread to keep it increasing without combining.

17. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BT Tech @ Jun 3 2007, 01:50 PM) [snapback]454482[/snapback]</div>
    Lets face it Brian, some of the most hard headed people in the world are the ones that think they are the smartest above everyone else!

Thier intelligence corrupts sound reasoning and ability to see the obvious because it doesn't make sense to them.

They have learned to trust thier logic above all else and in many arenas, logic is the most unreliable.

Its true there is a fool born every minute and so are idiots!

I don't classify idiots as those without intelligence, but rather those who have much but don't possess the ability to use it properly.

Its like having a fast car, but no keys to drive it!... so many people possess thier brains!

When they assume thier perception outweighs the perceptions of the masses, it only shows either genius or insanity and proof they can't see that fat meat is greasy nor possess common sense freely available to most!

BTW...the only people who squeal and become offended at my words are the very ones I'm talking about!

"Guilty dog barks loudest!".... LOL!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tom 6850 @ Jun 3 2007, 02:06 PM) [snapback]454488[/snapback]</div>
    Its quite interesting that a new thread was started.... almost makes you think they had no audience in the other thread?

I suppose they figured that was the best way to get attention and stir the mud.

I especially appreciate the way he assumed he somehow disproved hundreds of positive reports with his one opinion, and jumping up and down on the car is really great.... another stroke of redneck genius to prove road worthiness.... maybe we should give this story to Jeff Foxworthy!..... LOL!

18. BT Tech

BT Tech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Agreed Windstrings,

I have absolutely no issue or problem with someone stating their opinion about something. The key word being that it is ONLY their opinion and nothing more. I felt that the other thread that this person started was unrespsonsible in that he clearly states his OPINION as a matter of fact.

The true facts are that less than 1 percent of those that have purchased a BT Tech plate have not perceived a nominal difference or were not happy with it for some other reason. The other 99 percent are so It goes to show you that even though we do try to please everyone, it truly is impossible to do so.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Jun 3 2007, 03:25 PM) [snapback]454496[/snapback]</div>

19. norton

norton New Member

I wasn't going to join this forum. I just bought a Prius and am psyched about it. I was looking forward to joining and learning here, until I ran across windstring's zealotry. I began to think I'd be better off avoiding PC altogether.
    So thank you, nyconrad, for this simple reminder. I've never ignored a user on a forum before. Until now.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nyconrad @ Apr 13 2007, 06:17 AM) [snapback]422559[/snapback]</div>

20. apriusfan

apriusfan New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BT Tech @ Jun 3 2007, 11:50 AM) [snapback]454482[/snapback]</div>
    Hey, now there is a great application! I'll bet that the plate adds 2 mph to the turning speed of a wheel chair! Anyone for competitive wheel chair races over a slalom course?

Walkers however, may not get to the speed level where the plate adds benefit.