1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

BT Tech Stiffening plate

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by BethlehemPrius, Feb 4, 2007.

1. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JimboJones @ Oct 22 2007, 01:54 PM) [snapback]528984[/snapback]</div>
    Let's see. You have been a member of PriusChat for three whole weeks. In that period of time you posted a total of sixty messages. Twenty three of them, or 43%, attack Brian, question the theory behind the BT Plate and challenge its positive effect on the handling of the Prius. You did infer that Brian is a snake oil salesman (your words: "at least he's not stealing people's money - you guys bought from him willingly") selling a "placebo" (your actual word), did you not? You also accused the moderators of being sulky when they did not let you have your way.

Perhaps it is not longstanding time wise, but is sure is longstanding post wise.

The least you can do is to stop pretending that you are neutral on this subject.

2. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Oct 22 2007, 05:38 PM) [snapback]529016[/snapback]</div>
    Thats the problem with these guys... they always overplay their hand.

By the time they come up with some kinda test that supposedly proves anything, thier credibility is shot as it becomes obvious they are set on an agenda to "disprove" just to save face.

Its funny how he won't take the word and experience of hundreds of users, yet we are supposed to lay down all we know and accept the "tests" of a non-user who has not even bought!

I don't know if the story just keep perpetuating itself with the same end results, or if this is the same guy over and over under a new name... I suspect the latter.

Isn't it also funny how a supposely "new" member came into existence for the sole purpose of disproving the plate "based on his post history" without interest elsewhere on the forum that offers some constructive input.!... Does this guy even own a prius?.... better yet, does he have a life with anything better to do than attack something that so many people enjoy?

He acts as if someone is getting ripped off and he hasn't even lost a dime yet because he won't purchase!..... LOL!..... what a circus!

Besides.. if it wasn't for trolls, we would never make it to 2000 posts!

3. Presto

Presto Has his homepage set to PC

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Oct 22 2007, 02:23 PM) [snapback]528995[/snapback]</div>
    That's what I meant ;)

This thread is gonna own him, as in "you just got pwnd (sic), b*tch!" :)

4. BT Tech

BT Tech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hello everyone.... I wanted to thank all of you that have purchased our BT Tech plate and have voiced your opinion on the improvements in handling/stability that it made to your Prius.

Over the past few 2 years, we have sold a large number of BT Tech plates all over the world. In all of this time and with the large amount sold, we have had a total of 1 person ask to return it!! I am sure many of you that have followed these threads probably know who it was. :)

Products that do not fulfill the publics expectations are usually shortly lived and generally disappear from the market in a very short period of time. The fact that our product has withstood millions of miles of "real world testing" and has had favorable reviews all over the internet says a lot. The fact that Prius Chat sells our product right here on this website in their on-line store also says a great deal.

For the very few that wish to argue the "science" behind our plate I for one am not going to engage these people in a back and forth session that goes no where. As many of you know, my experience at designing suspension compononents/stiffening plates goes back to the 1997-2004 C5 Corvette and which is now used on the newest C6 as well. Our tunnel stiffening plate was the first of its kind when we first released it and continues to be used by Corvette enthusiasts as well as in sanctioned SCCA racing.

For those that only wish to see the "hard evidence†in the way of scientific data showing loading, torsional measurements of compression...etc..etc..etc will not find this information. To test and measure a product to such depth and to provide this information is not financially feasible. This is why you do not find such information by other aftermarket companies such as TRD (Toyota Racing Development) and TOM’s; Both high end aftermarket companies.

5. apriusfan

apriusfan New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Oct 22 2007, 04:30 PM) [snapback]529031[/snapback]</div>
    Perhaps the goal (of 2,000 posts) should be set higher (or sooner)?

6. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Presto @ Oct 22 2007, 07:30 PM) [snapback]529057[/snapback]</div>
    LOL!.... there have been much sharper cookies than him fizzle out and finally go away with their tail between thier legs!

I think everyone welcomes honest concern, questions, and even challenges, but it doesn't take long to become obvious when someone simply "loves the arguement" and wants to be contrary.... Usually if you click on their name that brings you to thier profile and in the upper right hand corner click on the little link that leads you to "all of their posts"... thier history tells the story.... too bad they can't erase that too!

Jimbo argues and challenges everyone and everything in his short stay here on PC.
    I'm sure he and all his brothers "Bubba, and Bubba2, and Bubba3" have nothing better to do since they have no money to spare.

7. BT Tech

BT Tech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Just a heads-up everyone.... We are down to our last 20 BT Tech plates from this batch in stock and have our machine shop starting our next production run.

By the time we receive our next batch is at least 4 weeks away so for those of you that want one befor that time, here is your chance to get one without waiting.

Pictures below show our (BT Tech Stiffening Plate compared to the stock (OEM) plate it replaces) Guess which one is which?? :) :) :)

Attached Files:

8. apriusfan

apriusfan New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Brian,

Christmas is getting closer.... Any update on the 'new products'?

9. blamy

blamy Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Just told the wife what I wanted for Christmas! I also showed her where to order it. :lol:

10. BT Tech

BT Tech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I should have both new products within the next 2 weeks!! :) :)

I will post pictures and complete descriptions of these 2 new products. I was hoping to have both new products available by now but making quality products is not an easy task, especially considering the limited quantities that we will be making at first.

These 2 new products will work in conjunction with our BT Tech stiffening plate that we currently sell.

I have had a ton of emails asking details about our new products. For now, this is what I can say about what our 2 newest products will accomplish:

1: They will be of the highest quality

2: Made in USA

3: Easy to install

4: Enhance the handling/stability capabilities of the Prius

5: Protect the transaxle and inverter in addition to aiding aerodynamic effeciency under the body

4: Available ONLY through us and the Prius Chat On-Line Store

I still need to get with Danny and Nichole (Prius Chat Store) but my initial thoughts were to offer our newest products at a discount to those that have already purchased one of our BT Tech stiffening plates. The exact amounts have not been determined as of yet but I hope to be making an announcement about this shortly.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(apriusfan @ Oct 31 2007, 02:38 PM) [snapback]533034[/snapback]</div>

11. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey Jonesy, better make that Sparksy, we already have a member named Sparky.

12. fboyle

fboyle New Member

I can't wait to hear about your two new products brian. Two of my neighbors just ordered your BT plate for their 07 Touring models so you should have received those plate orders. I guess I will be the one that has to install them since I spoke so highly about it and convinced them to buy them! :p

Please post some more info about your new products as soon as you can.

Frank Boyle

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BT Tech @ Oct 31 2007, 08:35 PM) [snapback]533180[/snapback]</div>

13. BT Tech

BT Tech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Thanks Frank for your referrels. As soon as I have our new products available, be assured that I will post them here!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fboyle @ Nov 2 2007, 10:02 PM) [snapback]534182[/snapback]</div>

14. patsparks

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Oh, I was hoping you would keep it a secret and we could all do a group buy on faith Brian. :D

15. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(patsparks @ Nov 3 2007, 12:17 AM) [snapback]534227[/snapback]</div>
    LOL!.. wouldn't that drive the skeptics nuts!........ I think their brains would enfold upon themselves and eat thier eyeballs out!

16. patsparks

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Nov 4 2007, 01:23 AM) [snapback]534298[/snapback]</div>
    PMSL hahaha, never heard that before!! I think you're right though. (english police did I use the right "your"?) :D

17. Doc Willie

Doc Willie Shuttlecraft Commander

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    To be a real member of PriusChat you have to weigh in on the BT Plate. My qualifications:

1. I drive a Prius. 5 months now.

2. I read 40 pages of this thread, including the only two that had any real data, the one by the manufacturer and the one by Allemande, and all the critiques of the data.

3. I am an Evidence Based Medicine-trained physician, so I know something about placebo effects.

4. I have had the BT plate on for about a month now, and have driven it under a variety of conditions. I am not an aggressive driver.

My thoughts:

1. The tests that would really show if there is a difference have not been done.

2. The minimal tests that have been done are a wash.

3. The engineering discussions have not resolved the matter one way or the other.

4. All the testimonies that it makes a difference do not consititute convincing evidence to me. I have been through enough fads (anybody remember blue-green algae?) to no longer believe testimonials, even overwhelming numbers of them, without objective data.

5. In my driving, I have noticed no difference.

Conclusion: NOT PROVEN

I'll keep it on cause it looks cool and is more hassle than it is worth to take off, and besides, maybe somebody will come through with real data some day.

But I would not recommend it as and investment to someone specifically to improve handling. Get better tires first.

18. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Doc Willie @ Nov 3 2007, 12:33 PM) [snapback]534336[/snapback]</div>
    For someone who is not an aggressive driver... I tend to agree, it will be very difficult to notice the benifits.

However, I think that would be true for "any" improvements to the stability of any car.

I can't speak from experience, but I bet you can't tell a difference with Tom's suspension add-ons or any other, if you drive soft.

19. apriusfan

apriusfan New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Nov 3 2007, 01:18 PM) [snapback]534373[/snapback]</div>
    It depends on your definition of soft. If soft means driving with a half gallon container of milk in the middle of the rear cargo storage area and taking turns so as not to tip over the half gallon of milk, then, you are right, the TOM'S suspension bits will add nothing noticeable to the handling of the car. For that matter, I doubt if anything would improve the handling of the car, since somewhere around .5 g would tip over the half gallon container.

20. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Some people just mossey and others drive and some race.