1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

BT Tech Stiffening plate

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by BethlehemPrius, Feb 4, 2007.

1. BT Tech

BT Tech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    While this is true, the vast majority of people feel the difference the BT Tech plate makes while driving the car normally. The increase in chassis rigidity can usually be felt by those that are in "tune" with their car.

When I was doing the initial testing on this product 2+ years ago, the difference was obvious to me but then again, I was knowing what to look for.

Let's face it, some people need others to tell them when they have a flat tire!! :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Nov 3 2007, 11:21 PM) [snapback]534516[/snapback]</div>

2. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I drive in a manner that maintains momentum and I feel a slight difference in stability but that proves nothing.

Why not work on a satisfaction rating.
    Toyota Prius is a great car because it has a satifaction rating of about 95%.
    The BT Tech plate is a good thing because it has a satisfaction rating of ???
    Anyone know?

3. BT Tech

BT Tech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    There were several "polls" conducted on this forum regarding customer satisfaction of our BT Tech stiffening plate. Here is one but note that only 213 people responded to this poll.

http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=3...tiffening+plate

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(patsparks @ Nov 4 2007, 12:00 AM) [snapback]534524[/snapback]</div>

4. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    so about 86% satified and 83% would buy again.
    What to make of that? hmmm?

5. BT Tech

BT Tech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Yes, you have to understand that this is a very small portion of our actual customer base.

Like I have mentioned before, Over the past 2 years I believe we had 1 customer that purchased his BT Tech plate through the Prius Chat store that wanted to return it.

Regarding the polls 86 percent satifsifed rating, that is definately better than our current President but I won't go there!!! :) :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(patsparks @ Nov 4 2007, 12:09 AM) [snapback]534531[/snapback]</div>

6. BT Tech

BT Tech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Just a heads-up everyone.... We are down to our last 10 BT Tech plates from this batch in stock and have our machine shop starting our next production run.

By the time we receive our next batch is at least 4 weeks away so for those of you that want one befor that time, here is your chance to get one without waiting.

Pictures below show our (BT Tech Stiffening Plate compared to the stock (OEM) plate it replaces) Guess which one is which?? :) :) :)

Attached Files:

7. westonw48

westonw48 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Brian,
    Thanks for such a great product. I installed the BT plate today and got immediate bang for my buck. There is a corner at the end of our street that I can, could, take at a mere 5 mph. With the plate installed I was able to push it to 20 mph with no drift or the feeling of " losing " it around that corner! Thanks again.

Wes

8. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BT Tech @ Nov 3 2007, 11:04 PM) [snapback]534529[/snapback]</div>
    Actually, only 71 responded at the time you checked. The poll is in 3 parts, but the total votes you see is a total of all 3 parts. So you have to divide the total votes by 3 to arrive at the number of responses. It's a pretty stupid set-up, I know. But still, 71+ people voting is a pretty good sampling. My guess is that the poll is representative and the margin of error, if you will, is small. But we really should put an official or unofficial STICKY on it so that more buyers of the plate would know about it and vote.

9. RonH

RonH Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(westonw @ Nov 11 2007, 04:14 PM) [snapback]538040[/snapback]</div>
    I promised myself not to joint this thread again, but my bullshit alarm just went off.

10. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RonH @ Nov 11 2007, 06:14 PM) [snapback]538090[/snapback]</div>
    LOL!..... only 3 posts too!... maybe Wes decided to play the same game so many others have played against Brian.

11. westonw48

westonw48 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Nov 11 2007, 06:20 PM) [snapback]538092[/snapback]</div>
    You are a sorry lot to talk about someone you don't even know. Yes I only have three post but I don't spend half of my days bs ing about dribble. The BT plate works great, if you can't afford it and have not tried it then don't make hasty comments!

12. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(westonw @ Nov 11 2007, 09:20 PM) [snapback]538160[/snapback]</div>
    Hi westonw,

Very sorry to see that you got slammed and insulted TWICE (and from apparently both sides of the debate!!!) ... just for posting your appraisal of the plate.

13. RonH

RonH Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Boo @ Nov 12 2007, 01:08 AM) [snapback]538256[/snapback]</div>
    Hey, I resemble that. Appraise away, but don't expect to not be called on an extraordinary assertion. The radial force at which the wheels lose traction in sliding is determined by the friction coefficient of the tires and is proportional to the speed squared given the same radius turn, assuming no banking. If the car tips, or unweights the inside tires, the lose of traction will be instantaneous and cause the car to lose control in a manner depending on the drive point. Its the suspension's job to keep those inside wheels gripping the pavement. That means he's claiming that the suspension has improved by a factor of 16 which, by the way is mostly done by the inside springs and shocks. The lateral halves of the car would have to be held together with rubber bands. More likely, he didn't take the turn at the limit before installing the plate. I could be wrong, though. It's happened before. If I offended you by my frank assessment of your claim, I apologize. But I've seen worse, especially in the treatment of the right wing whackos, here. I'm more disappointed in the vendor's tacit approval of this claim by his silence which leads me to think its more about marketing than engineering.

And oh, by the way, I have a plate and have also testified to improved cornering. Amen.

14. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RonH @ Nov 12 2007, 12:59 AM) [snapback]538266[/snapback]</div>
    Exactly how I see that. Praise away if you like a product, but an exagerated claim is just that and it decreases the credibility of the praise. While the plate does seem to improve the feel when turning/cornering it isn't going to make a dramatic change like described.

I don't think that's quite fair...that post has been up for less than 12 hours now and it's unrealistic to expect that Brian has been monitoring this thread that closely. Further, if he's got any business acumen at all he's not going to come out criticizing a satisfied customer even if he knows the physics of the claim to be impossible. Were I him I'd simply say "thank you" or nothing at all...

15. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(westonw @ Nov 11 2007, 09:20 PM) [snapback]538160[/snapback]</div>
    Weston, if you go back far at all in the threads, you will see I'm an avid supporter of the plate and its effects.

If you re-read my post carefully, you will see you were not the brunt of the joke, it was all the past heckers who have exaggerated negatives and belittled all who feel the benifits of the plate.

Sorry I was misunderstood, I was trying to say that so many have come before you with an opposite viewpoint without any substantial proof to the negative, all the whiles demanding "proof" to the positive with opinions only based on conjecture without the decency of even purchasing the plate and installing it first.

I was saying, maybe you were "balancing the tables" by suggesting totally outstanding results even at 5 MPH! :D

I didn't really even know if you were serious or not.

But I try to be realistic... otherwise some may buy the plate expecting the results we quote and come up sadly dissapointed thus discrediting the real benifits it brings.

I personally couldn't tell a difference at very low speeds, but I don't think I ever compared it at 5 MPH to be honest... it was always much faster more aggressive speeds.

I can see how one could feel it at 5 MPH if they jerked it back and forth in a parking lot or similiar.. I just never tried it myself.

I wasn't slamming you... I was giving you the benifit of a doubt against those that saw your statements as total BS.

Honesty is the best policy out here... we all feel things differently and we all have different experiences, expections, driving terrains, and sensitivities.

I think the prius is fine for normal driving just the way it is, but if you jerk it around much at all, its pretty sloppy..... IMO, best noticed at high speeds where G forces are more intense..

16. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RonH @ Nov 12 2007, 01:59 AM) [snapback]538266[/snapback]</div>
    So the assertion may seem extraordinary or even wrong to you. So what? Just state the reasons why you think so, as you've done above very well. To just simply call the assertion "bullshit" is bad behavior and not useful. It's also wrong because it is the equivalent of calling the poster a liar, when, by all appearances, the only thing he did was offer his honest evaluation of the plate.

17. BT Tech

BT Tech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hello everyone... I would like to personally thank all that have taken the opportunity to post on their experiences of our BT Tech plate.

Everyone that drives their own car has a certain amount of sensitivity to how it feels to them. Some people can tell when their tire pressures are less than 1 psi between tires and some can't tell when one has gone flat!! :)

The majority of BT Tech plate owners report that their Prius is more stable at highway speeds and that the car feels more "solid" I personally can tell its effects when driving slowly over a less than ideal road and that the car maintains its composure. It is also evident to me when driving on a straight highway as the car feels more secure and requires less steering input to keep the car tracking straight.

My point being that everyone has a different level of "intimacy" with their car and everyones experience will vary slightly due to the way its being perceived by the driver.

18. apriusfan

apriusfan New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    So Brian, not to change the subject, but.... What about some news on your new products? I have been waiting to see if your about-to-be-released skid plate will work with my TOM'S lower front suspension brace. You have been mum again.

19. BT Tech

BT Tech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Soon!! :) :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(apriusfan @ Nov 12 2007, 02:43 PM) [snapback]538464[/snapback]</div>

20. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BT Tech @ Nov 12 2007, 01:11 PM) [snapback]538475[/snapback]</div>
    LOL!...... you little teaser you! :lol: