1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

BT Tech Stiffening Plates are NOW shipping!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by BT Tech, Sep 21, 2006.

1. BT Tech

BT Tech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Sorry to hear that you had to sell your 04. A friend of mine picked up a 06 Z-06 and it is quite the beast!! I put it on the chassis dyno and it put out over 440 HP and 405 TQ at the wheels BONE STOCK!! :eek: As the engine heats up though the ECM retards the timing and richens the A/F ratio so every pull after the first was getting lower and lower. I told him to bring the car back next week so that I can use LS2 edit and adjust it for him.

Keep one thing in mind though about those cars.. the fuel mileage is HORRIBLE! He gets aprox 9-10 MPG and that is babying it in the city. Highway should be a lot better but for this reason he actually went out and purchased a "beater" car just because of the lousy fuel mileage.

Let us know when you are ready for your new stiffening plate for the 07 Prius..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyM @ Nov 26 2006, 11:44 PM) [snapback]354328[/snapback]</div>

2. far182

far182 New Member

I received this email from Danny this morning. I am getting the run-around.

3. BT Tech

BT Tech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    We just got word this morning that your order was indeed placed with the PC on 9/7 and that your order was misplaced.

Your BT Tech stiffening plate will ship today via UPS. As soon as it ships you will receive a UPS Quantum View notification along with the tracking number.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(far182 @ Nov 27 2006, 02:44 PM) [snapback]354456[/snapback]</div>

4. far182

far182 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BT Tech @ Nov 27 2006, 10:57 AM) [snapback]354492[/snapback]</div>
    Wow. This is some of the worst customer service I have ever seen. Everyone pointing fingers and not a single "Im Sorry". To top it off, my plate was shipped Ground. I won't get it until next week sometime. Considering I ordered and paid for this on Sept 7th.... don't you think I waited long enough?

I think I waited long enough... I am considering just refusing shipment.

5. BT Tech

BT Tech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I agree that you did wait a long time but this is becuase the PC store did not get the order to us. We are just the manufacturer of the stiffening plate. We were not the ones that processed your initial order, received your money or was involved that caused any of the delays you experienced.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(far182 @ Dec 2 2006, 03:04 AM) [snapback]356587[/snapback]</div>

6. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Did the price go up? I thought I saw it at $145 and now its $165. I know both are special prices, just wondering.

7. Presto

Presto Has his homepage set to PC

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    There was a $20 off sale on the plate for the last couple of weeks, but it looks like it's over.

8. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BT Tech @ Nov 26 2006, 07:12 PM) [snapback]354337[/snapback]</div>
    That seems odd. I have yet to hear that complaint and we have a few of the '06 ZO6s in our club and a TON of the older models. The '02+ ZO6 can easily get 28-30mpg so I don't see why the newer one would get such drasitcally different milage. Hell my '00 C5 A4 with just a filter and off-road Xpipe got 30mpg on the freeway if I kept it at 70mph avg.

My buddy has shop so I see lots of Vettes and F-bods run through it. He actually just made the cover of Vette Magazine for the second time with a car he did. :) http://www.vetteweb.com/toc/vet_toc/

9. BT Tech

BT Tech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Yes, if you keep the car on the highway it is not too bad. My 99 extensively modified hardtop gets 32 MPG going a constant 65 MPH on the highway. Put it in the city though and unless I baby it and act like there is an egg on the gas peddle, I would be lucky to get more than 12 MPG. Since the new Z is a 7 liter engine compared to my "tiny" 5.7 the mileage is even worse.

+-

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(F8L @ Dec 8 2006, 04:43 AM) [snapback]359193[/snapback]</div>

10. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Gotcha. In the city I would average about 20mpg and about 24mpg mixed but I will say that I did tend to floor it alot. For some reason the C5 felt much faster than it really was (12.50@111mph). lol I assume you have had your car tuned on a steady state dyno so you can tune for efficiency everywhere in the rpm band? I know a lot of the new Vettes run pig rich stock.

To keep the thread on topic. I purchased the BT Plate in the summer of this year. While I didn't notice a drastic change I feel it was worth the money just to help with some of the "tracking" problems on the freeway. I sometimes still have them but its generally when its windy. :)

11. BT Tech

BT Tech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    If you were getting 20MPG in the city, consider yourself very fortunate indeed!! I am lucky to get 15-16 and that is driving it as gently as possible.

Okay, back on topic!! :) For all of you that are waiting for your BT Tech stiffening plates, we are due to receive our shipment within the next 7-10 days. As soon as we receive them they will be promptly shipped out.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(F8L @ Dec 8 2006, 06:22 AM) [snapback]359207[/snapback]</div>

12. draker

draker Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BT Tech @ Dec 17 2006, 10:42 PM) [snapback]363592[/snapback]</div>

7 - 10 days from when??? I ordered mine in November and have not heard one word, except to have my CC charged. Not really complaining, but a little information would be nice.

13. PriusDreamer

PriusDreamer Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I would respectfully second that. I ordered mine late Nov. and was told it would ship in a couple weeks. That was six weeks ago. Order # 2432. Of course my check was cashed quickly. I realize you are basically a one man show, but some word would be nice. The prius chat accessory shop still has the info that on 11/28 it would take one to two weeks.

14. BT Tech

BT Tech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Sorry guys for the delays in getting our stiffening plates. Our plates are currently in route to us and we expect to receive them on Tuesday of next week. I had them ship them via UPS 3 day air in order to get it to us as fast as possible.

Shipping to everyone that has a BT Tech stiffening plate on order will commence immediately after we receive them.

The dealys were caused by our CNC machine shop backlogged with production from several large aerospace companies and unfortunately they took precidence over our production.

The good news is that they will be here in a few days!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PriusDreamer @ Jan 11 2007, 12:23 PM) [snapback]374072[/snapback]</div>