1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Build a Blue prius

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by randomwalk101, Mar 10, 2018.

1. randomwalk101

randomwalk101 DYI'er

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    It looks like 2018 Prius four/four touring is super rare for some weird reason. I attempted to “build” one from Toyota website and it said that the blue metallic crust color in the Four or Four touring trim is out of inventory. Wth? It’s only the beginning of the year!!

2. MichelleStone

MichelleStone Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Tell your dealer what you want. They might be able to find it. I got exactly what I wanted that way. They had to bring it in from a dealership 250 miles away.

RCO, Diemaster and Prodigyplace like this.
  3. frodoz737

frodoz737 Top Wrench

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Toyota.com search is based on your zip code and tries to direct you, not the other way around. Your bio says TX so that means your in the Gulf States Region...so it will try and keep you in their market. Below is a http://www.cars.com "all miles" search I did for a Blue 2018 Four/Four Touring and shows there are appx 92 presently in the country...so yea...kinda rare. Looks like at least one in the DFW area which is Gulf States though. Your local can do Dealer Trades if you are definitely buying. The last 5 vehicle I bought in TX were Toyota and know how they work here if I can help anymore.

Cars.com

ETC(SS) likes this.
  4. padroo

padroo Senior Member

Chesterton, Indiana Another third world country.
    Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Good luck on your search.

5. Diemaster

Diemaster Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    this was the same for me with my prime advanced. thousands of plus's and premiums out there but advanced seams rare. i did what MichelleStone said and they found one ~100 miles away and toe'ed it to me on a flat bed.

if they do transfer MAKE SURE THEY DONT DRIVE IT TO YOU. i had a very heated argument buying my last car a 2014 kia soul ! i paid 30K+ for the car and they drove it ~70 miles to me. i felt like i was paying new car price for a now used (AKA left the dealer lot and publicly driven) car. i was not happy when i got it and the ODO said 81 miles.

6. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It could be worse!
    When we went to pick up our new 2000 Tundra it had 450 miles because it had been driven from Tennessee to Virginia. :cry:

The truck is still going strong though.

Raytheeagle likes this.
  7. randomwalk101

randomwalk101 DYI'er

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Appreciate the info & advices guys.

Btw is Toyota stops making the blues anymore since their website says “out of inventory”? The reason I asked is because I am not in a rush to buy a BLUE 2018 Prius four/four touring just now. I was thinking of a waiting a bit longer for the Toyota incentive to get a little more (right now it’s only $500) and also as they say “spring is prob worst time to buy if you can wait since the dealer has a whole year to sell”...
    But since this blue is so limited not sure about waiting now as they may “sold out”. So straight that they stop making it in March???

8. frodoz737

frodoz737 Top Wrench

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    NO. Just means they don't have any already available in your zip code/Region...at present.

Another option, I know for fact Gulf States Region Dealerships can/will do, is see see what's coming into Country and grab one (not already purchased/ordered) for you before it gets sent to another Region. Then again...you can order one. Takes 6-10 weeks to receive exactly what you want. Using these two methods you can ALSO cater exactly what Regional and Dealership add-ons are installed...on NOT.

9. frodoz737

frodoz737 Top Wrench

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    You can also travel to where there is one out of Region/State, buy it, drive it home (or ship) and pay your TTL in TX. Did it for my Mother-In-Law in Louisiana.

10. randomwalk101

randomwalk101 DYI'er

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Thanks frodoz737. It makes a lot of sense now.
    I

11. Mavi

Mavi Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Why would that even matter? You drive it off the lot or they bring it to you, it's still new... some people pay people to drive things to them due to the convenience of it...

12. MichelleStone

MichelleStone Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    They drove mine 250 miles. They didn't tell me in advance that it was coming that far away. And whoever drove it had a lead foot. The MPG was dismal for my baby's first 250 miles. Se la vi. I'm happy with my car. I'm trying to get it paid off this year.

RCO and alanclarkeau like this.
  13. pilotgrrl

pilotgrrl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    RCO likes this.