1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bumper, Badge, Grill, and Headlight notes. Not a how to, but it might help.

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by Brandon Most, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Brandon Most

Brandon Most Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    Someone here asked the other day about the headlight removal, sorry I forget who. I think most of the photo links from old posts were missing, so I snapped a few as I went this round.

Everything is from my post here: It May Be Common, But I’m Sure As Hell Not – Most Designs so if the links get broken here, check there.

Front Bumper:
    [​IMG]
    Remove those 3 clips.

[​IMG]
    There are a handful of course thread and M6 (all 10mm head size) bolts under near that need to come off.

After that there are visible clips in the fender well that need to be popped loose with a light tug. It is also retained under the headlight in a similar way. Be gentle but firm. Once its released you will need to unplug the market lights and fog lights if you have them. My 2016 pictured other years may be slightly different.

Front Badge and license plate surround:
    [​IMG]

4 JIS screws and a lot of clips. 2 screws hold the badge 2 hold the surround followed by a whole lot of clips that you need to release.

Headlights:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 10mm head screws and a couple of plugs and the lights are off. You can also sort of see the bumper cover retention clips in this shot.

Bonus Info for 2015/16 owners:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If you wanted to add the 2017 lip or larger fog light surrounds, the marks to cut the bumper to accept these are molded in on my 16. It may very well be on yours as well. It should make it a very straight forward install. If you so desire.

Sorry I didn't do step by step instructions, but hopefully that's enough info to help someone out or at least tell you if you're up to the task before diving in.

DKTVAV and Mendel Leisk like this.