1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bumper is borken

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by hj630, Jan 30, 2017.

1. hj630

hj630 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    One
    I just backed my rear bumper into a metal post... and the left part of the bumper fall off. so was the black plastic frame that the bumper was fixed to. I was debating changing my bumper or just tape it and paint it. No damage to the frame of the car, just the plastic bumper is broken. I just taped it on with package tape for now.
    I have two questions:

Is there any tape that I can paint over? I have metallic blue (Code 787). I wonder if there is any cheap altnerate paint that I can use instead of the 30$/bottle spray paint in the big box store. I don't need exact match.

If I change the bumper, how much work will it involve. Is it better just to leave to the pro? I see ebay has some bumper for less than 200$ include shipping. But since one of the plastic support is broken too, I don't know how much work is for that.

Thanks!

2. ems2158

ems2158 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    The cheapest way to go would be to find a used bumper and take it to a body shop and have it painted. Install it yourself.
    Tape and a can of spray paint will lower the value of your Prius but if you are keeping it forever the trade in value doesn't matter.