1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bumper sensor scan costs

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by PA, Aug 24, 2020.

1. PA

PA Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    I had some minor bumper damage to my 2019 Prius, and I now get a warning message that the blind spot monitor is unavailable. The Toyota collision shop included pre- and post-scan diagnosis charges on the estimate, but in addition to the scans, they also included labor charges. If I'm paying for the labor, then what am I paying for in the scans? The use of the scanning equipment? In total, it's over $300 for both scans. Is paying for a scan, and then scan labor on top of that, typical?

2. robsnyder20

robsnyder20 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I think its similar to scanning and clearing the check engine light. Some shops charge like $85 to do that in addition to the labor possibly. Very annoying. As much as I would like to have the extra tech like blind spot monitor, if it breaks, I'm thinking it could be quite costly to diagnose and replace unfortunately!