1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bumper Sticker ;-)

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by PriusPeach, Aug 6, 2012.

1. PriusPeach

PriusPeach New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I drive my Pri is a sea of SUVs down here in dixie. I bought myself a bumper sticker proclaiming my avg fuel usage and slapped it on the back bumper. "53 MPG"
    People routinely ask me if I REALLY get that much to a gallon. I just giggle when I am bumper to bumper with the guzzlers. I wonder what they are thinking when they read the sticker.
    I cry when a tank comes in under 50. I can't imagine what 15 MPG feels like.

2. Whiteyprius

Whiteyprius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Great bumper sticker - Ride on!

3. Avi's Advanced Automotive

Avi's Advanced Automotive Independent hybrid repair shop

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I thought about doing that but worry my baby will get vandalized. The higher the price of gas, the more I giggle. I often see people driving those lifted trucks and wonder what they are thinking. I know what 10 MPG feels like, but that car has been in the garage for two years.

4. LulzChicken

LulzChicken Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'd do that, but I don't want my car to get vandalized. :whistle: I don't tend to put anything political/religious/bragging-ish on my car. No hate to you, I'm very proud of my MPG as well!

5. car compulsive

car compulsive Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    My 01 LX averages 14 MPG. Since I've only driven it about 2K miles since I bought it last December, fuel cost isn't a major issue. It's great for hauling grandkids, dog, or stuff. It's also great when visiting places at the ends of long stretches of unpaved roads, like some of my friends' homes and my gun club.

The 90+ mile daily commute miles, mostly freeway, get put on the Prius and, to a lesser extent, the GS.

6. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Unfortunately, this could be asking for somebody to mess with your car.

7. mad-dog-one

mad-dog-one Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Assuming that the intellectually challenged are more likely to drive the Insight and to retaliate against your Prius, making your bumper sticker clever should keep you safe.

8. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The Prius speaks for itself, no bumper sticker needed. ;)

9. ProximalSuns

ProximalSuns Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Especially those who do it for the perceived status, chromed out lifted trucks that never saw a farm or construction site spending $150 a week on gasoline. Guy pulls in next to me at the supermarket gas station, new lifted king cab, kids in the back, rejects his credit card. Overhear him and wife strategizing how to pay for fuel and/or food.

10. kalome

kalome Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't either....I think you are just asking for it if you do. I don't like putting anything on my car period. It looks too tacky having stickers on my car, plus I don't need nor care if other people know my philosophy/opinions and bragging is childish.

LulzChicken likes this.