1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bumpy ride?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Eco-Boi, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Eco-Boi

Eco-Boi Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yes I have the Assurance ones and it is quite bumpy, but I will give it a little more time to break in and see what happens. As of now, it seems to be that the vibrations have lessened and become much less apparent. I don't think anything is wrong with the car now, but if there is, I have Toyota Care for 2 years, and I will make them fix anything that happens, I sure as hell paid enough for the car! haha

2. WilMent

WilMent diacritic

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Good to hear:). I swear F8L, you are like the Michelin Man who comes to the rescue whenever there is a tire/wheel related problem:D I had the Goodyear also before I switched. Ride quality was not as nice as my wife's Ecopia 20. I didn't feel too much difference in bumpiness but the louder road noise was apparent. I hate that Toyota seems to be using us as guinea pigs to test different tires. I do not see the logic behind different tires on different trim unless of course it was stock 17s.

F8L and Eco-Boi like this.
  3. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I assume it is still quite cold in NY. Cold temps cause the rubber to harden and become less pliable. This will make the ride even rougher AND increase the rattles in the car interior. With warm weather comes better mpg and comfort. :) Road noise will go down too.

Eco-Boi likes this.
  4. jhinsc

jhinsc Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I had the Yoko's OE and they were terrible when compared to the Bridgestone Ecopia EP 422 replacements I put on. I thought the Yoko's were okay is didn't realize how bad they were until they were replaced. I did have an initial problem with the ride and turned out they were not properly balanced. Bought at Costco, the tech was surprised how out of balance they were when I brought them back. Sometimes a even a slightly out of balance tire will shake things up just enough to be annoying. F8L is correct about the cold - mine has more rattles, especially from the rear hatch when temps get below 40.

F8L likes this.
  5. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I agree. I like the Ecopia EP20 on my PIP better than the S33D. I had them twice and never liked them.

6. Eco-Boi

Eco-Boi Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Well this is good news to hear. I am glad to know that there is hope on the horizon. :)