1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bunch of HV battery error codes

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by bonesmtb2, Aug 14, 2020.

1. bonesmtb2

bonesmtb2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Newbie here. I haven't had a reason to post because other than oil changes, air filters, etc., I haven't had to do anything to my wife's 2007 Prius, and it has been a great car!
    However it recently threw the red triangle and a bunch of battery error codes. Before I bought a bluetooth OBD2 scanner I tried cleaning the cooling fan for the HV battery, in hopes that this would fix it. Once I got the scanner, and used the Torque Lite app, I was able to find the following codes:
    P0a80
    P3000
    P3020

I also bought the Dr. Prius app and tried to do the battery tests. It seemed like the battery was having such a hard time, so I wasn't really able to complete them though.
    It seems like cell #10 has an issue, and at one point the app said that this cell was not balanced well.
    Looking at the troubleshooting section of the app, it seems like I need to replace at least cell #10. It would also be beneficial to buy one of the Prolong reconditioners from the hybridautomotive website? They are a bit expensive though (approx. $400).
    Although even if I bought the reconditioner, it would still be cheaper than $1500 for a refurbished battery from Green Bean, if the reconditioner really worked.

I am comfortable doing this work myself, but am looking for feedback on what exactly I should do for next steps. Thanks in advance for any advice that can point me in the right direction.

Also, if replacing a cell is the right answer, who are the recommended vendors? The link in the Dr. Prius app doesn't work anymore. Don't want to buy some random one off Ebay and get screwed. Would like to know I am buying a good replacement.

Attached Files: