1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bunny! The cat is back

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Dave_PH, Apr 30, 2009.

1. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Yep, mine do that too, but usually when they settle down to sleep. Another effective way to wake up is to have a 22 lb cat lay on your chest at 4:50am

2. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm usually the first one up, and the dog wants out of her kennel right away. After a short visit outside, she heads for the nearest sleeping body, jumps on the bed, and goes straight for the face with her tongue. That's pretty effective, too. :)

3. zonie911

zonie911 Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Such a shame that the Sargents and the Hartz Mountain items are ever even sold. I usually use Frontline (for fleas) on my cats---great item...which is what the vet reccomended, i'm sure. Couple of years ago, I was out of Frontline and my alpha kitty, Josh Acat, suddenly had fleas---it was weekend, I didn't have time to get to the vet, so in am emergency situation I put Hartz Mtn. flea med. on his back. To make a long story short---he became really lathargic and was hyperventalating. We put him in the bath quickly to shampoo the meds off and then got in touch with our vet. It seems that Hartz Mtn. is very dangerous stuff along with the Sargents. It affects 1 out of 4 cats or dogs, sometimes killing them. Research online and you will see stats.
    Never put flea collars on animals either----those make them extremely ill also.
    Good Luck with your kitty-----------I'm sure once the trauma is over, you'll have a very loving cat.

:biggrin1::biggrin1:

4. zonie911

zonie911 Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Jayman- Absolutely loved the video!

too cute!

:wave:

5. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    When I lived in rural North Dakota I had a roll-away bed folded up against the wall for guests, and against that was my sofa. During the day Leonardo would sleep on the folded-up roll-away because it was soft and elevated. I sometimes took a nap on the sofa. The most "effective" and definitely worst way to wake up was when Leonardo would leap down from the bed to the sofa and land on my stomach. He was damn lucky he was so cute, or he wouldn't have survived doing that more than once.

I love being face-licked by a cat. A cat's tongue is dry and rough and really cleans. A dog's tongue is all slobber and slime. A dog that tries to lick my face will not be my friend. My cousin has three dogs, and none of them licks, jumps up on you, or barks without a reason. People who do not train their dogs to behave (a simple matter of technique and discipline -- engage the services of a dog trainer, who is really a people trainer: trains you how to train your dog) are irresponsible. (My cousin's dogs bark when someone approaches the house because she wants them to.)

6. Dave_PH

Dave_PH New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    It's been a long night. She vomited 3 times in about 18 hours. I finally realized it's 'cause she's a little piggy. The vet said she's underweight and needs to gain weight so I was leaving big bowls of food down. She'd wolf down a ton of unchewed food, walk away, cry then vomit. I can't go inthe kitchen w/o her crying for food. Now I'm feeding her 1/2 a cup at a time and she's keeping it down and back to having a nice bounce in her step.

Some fleas are back on her. I need to de-flea the house. The vet recommended boric acid on the carpets.

She's also training me not to smoke. If I have nicotine on my hands I'm persona non grata. Wash my hands and she pushes her head under my hands to be petted.

She's gonna train me fast. I wonder if I'll still be allowed on the furniture.

7. Dipena

Dipena Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Let's see...You are going to give up smoking for a puking, flea-ridden cat...I think that pretty much defines 'pussy-whipped' right there. ;)

Seriously, she's lucky to have you.

1 person likes this.
  8. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    It's simply amazing how that s*** is allowed to be sold, especially in grocery stores where a well-meaning but ignorant pet owner will buy it.

What I find ironic is that the products you mentioned actually seem to do a poor job of controlling parasites. Go figure

Maybe it works on phthirus pubis. I'll keep it in mind if I get itchy

9. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I figured it was appropriate

My cats would *never* do that. However, cats in general don't appear to understand that with male humans, certain areas are labeled "No Step" and for a good reason. Especially while sleeping

Usually, cat breath is a lot milder than dog breath too

Ah yes, I should caution you that cats will readily puke whenever they feel like it. Sometimes to cough up a hairball, sometimes to puke up food that was eaten too fast. They even eat grass outside to encourage puking.

At 2:30am, if I wake up due to hearing this, it's usually a bad sign: huck-huck-huck-huck-horrnnk-hoorrrrrnnnnnkkk-hoooooorrrrrrnnnnkk-koff-koff-kofffff-bleeeeeaaaaaacccchhhh-hoooorrrrrrnnnnkkk-huck-huck-huck-koff-koff-koff-purrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Usually my older fat cat pukes. If I'm not quick on the draw and immediately clean it up, the little orange cat will EAT the puke. Doesn't seem to cause him any ill effect though, he has a cast iron stomach

I'm fairly certain all cats do this

Once the cat is healthy enough for proper vet treatment, the fleas will be gone. Regular treatment with Revolution is safe and effective

Ah, that's a good thing

Yep, a fair tradeoff

10. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    If the cat gets you to quit smoking she'll have saved your life, just as you may be saving hers.