1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Buried car unearthed in Tulsa after 50 years

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Beryl Octet, Jun 13, 2007.

1. okiebutnotfrommuskogee

okiebutnotfrommuskogee Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Here it is guys. Too bad they didn't put it in a steel box. The time capsule's contents came out in pristine condition. It was a thick steel tank about the size of a small propane tank. The bag they wrapped the car in did not hold up well against a concrete vault full of water. I have lots of pictures of the car from all angles.[​IMG]

2. okiebutnotfrommuskogee

okiebutnotfrommuskogee Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I had a 57 Plymouth hard top back when they were new cars, so I thought that I might add this picture taken in 1957. It is of Carol who was my girlfriend at the time. We were married about a year later and are still enjoying life together. I had this picture in the window of my 47 DeSoto that was in the car show this past weekend that went along with the buried car celebration.[​IMG]

3. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Man what a waste, theres nothing left of the int. the car is just a rust bucket.... It could have been worth a cool million..... ;)

4. ozyran

ozyran New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hycamguy07 @ Jun 18 2007, 12:06 PM) [snapback]464015[/snapback]</div>
    We can fix it. We have the technology.

5. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

What would it have taken to surround that concrete room with perforated pipe leading to a sump pit that was kept pumped over the years?

It looks like it had periods of complete submersion. What a disaster..

6. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The part where 'the ignition key was found rusted in the lock' pretty much says it all.

I, too, fantasize that it's just the cosmoline that's making it look so bad, but feel like I should know better.

I trust they included a 'church key' with the beer...no pop tops in 1957 on beverage cans!

7. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Jun 18 2007, 02:53 PM) [snapback]464194[/snapback]</div>
    But they left it in the glove box. :( For sale: 1957 Belvedere. Never titled. Unbelievable condition.

Definitely time to rethink being buried in the car. Maybe I need to start building a pyramid in the back yard.

8. ozyran

ozyran New Member

I found some more coverage on the Allpar site. Closer pictures can be seen here.

Like they say on the site, it's hard to tell what's rust and what's just covered in gunk. I hope she gets a real thorough cleaning soon!