1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bush does something good for the environment

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by paulisme, Jul 7, 2004.

1. Sun__Tzu

Sun__Tzu New Member

I've told my friends that I'd vote for Kodos and Kang before I vote for Bush, even if that means having to build a death-ray to destroy a planet I've never heard of.

I've always wondered why terrorists haven't seized an oil tanker and rammed it into a port, another ship, or just blown it up. The 4 airplanes from 9/11 were deadly because of the heavy loads of fuel that they carried, imagine the damage that could be caused by a supertanker. Oil spill + 1 lit match = environmental catastrophe.

2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Crude oil does not explode. It just makes an oil slick. We don't need terrorists for that. We have Shell and Exxon and Texaco, etc., to do it for them.

3. pkjohna

pkjohna Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    You're not alone! I don't use any bumper stickers but if they put out some magnetic ones I'd slap one on. I think we need a conservative Prius owner's support group. It's definitely like swimming up stream.. It's worth the effort though because if we can't find common ground we can't accomplish anything. We need more well targeted solutions like the Prius that manage to appeal to both the left and the right at the same time for sometimes overlapping and sometimes different reasons.

4. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Obviously, there are conservatives who care about the environment. There just aren't very many of them.

Liberals are more likely to care about the environment, so liberal politicians talk environmental. Too bad it's all just talk.

5. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    How about compressed natural gas. All that methane would make a big bang!

6. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    You'd think "conservatives" would want to conserve the environment, while "liberals" would say people should be free to trash it.

You really need to sort out your party labels :D

7. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Nope. It would probably just burn. To make it explode you'd have to release it first into a uniform mixture of natural gas and oxygen, and then ignite it. You can get an explosion from a slow gas leak, because the gas has time to mix with the room air. But even then it won't explode if the gas:air proportion is either too high or too low.

8. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    It would make one heck of a blow torch then? Should be able to see that one for some distance.