1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bush Quote on Hybrids

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Mardikes, Apr 25, 2006.

1. dipper

dipper Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(qbee42 @ Apr 26 2006, 03:12 PM) [snapback]245760[/snapback]</div>
    :lol:

But I beat you on this comment.... see page one.... :D

2. Wiyosaya

Wiyosaya Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    :lol: I can't help but donate my $0.02 to this topic.

Sorry to all you "aware" republicans who might read this, however, republican administrations, as I see it, don't have a clue as to wise, conservative, energy policy. Republicans not conservative? :eek:

All you have to do is look at the history of recent republican presidents. One of the first things that Reagan did when he first got into office was cancel a significant number of alternative energy research programs. I'd guess that such programs did not come back until Clinton got into office. So, guess what "W" did when he got into office? You guessed it! ;) He cancelled alternative energy research programs and then trumpeted "hydrogen." Sometimes I think that he knew that hydrogen won't be viable for years and since that would most likely keep big oil in buisness, he is in favor of hydrogen power.

Now, however, I have caught extremely rare glimpses that "W" might be coming to his senses, however, recent statements like this prove that he is still the "big oil" man, and has no clue as to what is good energy policy.

I wonder how "W" figures that throwing away all that research that he threw away was a wise economic idea, much less good for the nation?

When "W" is out of power, I'll be happy. Hopefully, we won't get someone worse. Two of the worst presidents ever in successive administrations will be difficult to handle - and before the "patriotic" in the audience tell me to, I just might consider moving to Canada. :p At least they have the brains to realize that conservation of natural resources is a necessity.

All the best,
    Matthew

3. genalex

genalex Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wiyosaya @ Apr 28 2006, 01:31 PM) [snapback]246722[/snapback]</div>
    Well, here's a couple of clues:

Yesterday in a televised interview, he wished for a hybrid that would run on electric for the first 40 miles.

Today, again on TV, he wished for a hybrid you could plug in.

Not bad, for a "big old awl man" from TX.

(Rumor: In a secret lab at Haliburton they're hooking up line cords to Prii.)

4. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

I don't know, the last time I met President Bush I mentioned that I had a hybrid, and he was actually very enthusiastic about it.

5. donee

donee New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi All,

If the administration was serious about gas prices for the average citizen, they would work at both sides of the problem seriously. Promoting hybrids helps with demand, but we have heard nothing about the shameless promotion of poor mileage SUV's by the federal government tax code. When is this $10K deduction going to be restricted to buisnesses that use these vehicles to haul tools and material on a work-day basis? Passenger vehicles (vehicles that come with rear seats, or are so modified after purchase) should be eliminated from the deduction altogether! White-collar independant buisness people should have no right to this perk, and in taking advantage of it en masse, they are increasing fuel demand without mechanical work done benefit.