1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Business Week Comment

Discussion in 'Chevrolet Volt' started by FL_Prius_Driver, May 18, 2008.

1. FL_Prius_Driver

FL_Prius_Driver Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    I read an article in Business Week about the GM creation of the Volt. What got my attention was the article stated the Volt concept originated at the same time GM's senior management was trying to figure out how to respond to the extensive positive coverage to the Toyota Prius.

It looks like instead of taking some of the PR limelight off Toyota, what GM got was an intense spotlight on their failures to keep promises.

2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I have not seen the article, but from your brief posting, it looks like more evidence that it's all just PR and no real intention to actually build an electric car or PHEV at all.

3. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Here's the article... Live Green or Die

One thing that's obvious, GM craves the spotlight. They want credit for trying, rather waiting for product delivery when actual merit is earned.

4. FL_Prius_Driver

FL_Prius_Driver Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Clue #2. The director of GM's battery lab (aka Empty Storeroom) gets no advanced warning that the Volts needs new technology batteries till after the Volt is the "centerpiece".