1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Buss Bars, clean or replace

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Peterhans, Jan 22, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Peterhans

Peterhans Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Soon I will be taking apart the hybrid battery on a 2006 because of a bank 9 failure. Because the orange buss bars have to be removed, I might as well clean or replace the buss bars. Surprisingly, I can not find a source in Germany including an auto parts store. Even Amazon.de does not have any buss bars. So, my option is to clean the buss bars. From a YouTube video, the buss bars are placed in water, the water is heated, vinegar and salt is added. After a short time, the buss bars are rinsed and dried. Does this method sound good and have had success? Also, has anyone found hybrid parts besides ebay? I am surprised with the large number of hybrids, that there are limited sources.

2. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    They are available from toyota.

Use the search forum link up top and search hybrid battery there have been a few posts I have seen that posted the part number and other methodology
    To clean the interconnect.

Also important to remove all plugs from the ecu which is the slim metal box next to the battery’s. Look closely in the plug socket and plug itself with magnify glass and look for corrosion. Take the ecu out take it’s covers off and look for micro corrosion in there too very very common.

There are hundreds and hundreds of batteryrebuild threads on this site spend some time reading them via the search forum link it will really help.

Peterhans likes this.
  3. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    There's several businesses who sell aftermarket bus bars for Prius. The solid nickel ones are nice... The easiest way to clean your existing ones is the put them in a rock tumbler for a day or so. Also the side of the pack that has voltage sensing wires is a part known as "Wire Frame No.2" and in the US Toyota sells them for $50 and they come with brand new bus bars, but only for one side of the pack.

Peterhans likes this.
  4. Peterhans

Peterhans Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks for the tip.