1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Busted toe, bust rear wiper arm

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Laura G., Jan 17, 2017.

1. Laura G.

Laura G. Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    4 months with my 2007 and I'm loving it. Until this week. Busted twould toes. Hobbled out to put the cover on the car and started to trip and fall and grabbed at the car cover- and accidentally grabbed rear wiper arm and twist and shout and snap! Seems the actual mechanism workso, just no wiper on anymore.

Is this an easy fix for someone who has replaced alternators on a Spitfire and a wiper motor on a Ford Probe?

Attached Files:

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Probably just need the wiper arm, held together by 1 metric nut. Should be plenty of these used parts available

3. valde3

valde3 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    You can also get the cheap Chinese made wiper arm and blade package. For example: Rear Wiper Arm & Blade set FOR TOYOTA Prius (2004-2009) ,OE:8524147010 | eBay
    I have one of those in my Prius as I wanted the slimmer US rear wiper arm and it has been working good for almost a year already.

Like JC91006 said it’s easy to replace just open the one nut. Then wiggle the arm to get it off from the mechanism. And then just put new one on to correct position and tighten the nut.