1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Buy New vs Buy Used.. Tough Decision.

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by JacksonMs, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Ashlem

Ashlem Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    Though I didn't buy a PiP, despite my question a few weeks back, I never thought to seriously consider a used PiP instead of a new one. I may have to look at that again once my c is paid off in a few months, and then trade that in and give my brother the liftback I bought last month (of course he's paying for it since he's the one that gave me the idea to look at used pip's).

Sure, I won't get the tax credit, but I can live with that if the price is right. I do hate that some dealers are posting a base pip as the advanced one, judging from the nav screen pictures on the car.

I suppose I could just wait for the next gen pip to come in too, and if Toyota really doesn't want my money by not selling this one nationwide, I may just get a gen 2 volt, c-max energi, or even the next Tesla model.

2. madmike23

madmike23 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Tempting deal... but looking at your avatar-- Looks like you've been off-roading and hauling lumber!!! ;)

3. JBumps

JBumps Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    That's not my PiP - no worries :)