1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Buyer Beware: PriusOverlanding is a scam

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by 2PriusGarage, Sep 3, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. black_jmyntrn

black_jmyntrn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    nah, see... what you don't realize is, I don't owe you anything. Let alone a response, go do your research, remember they say I'm a criminal, why believe anything I say?

maybe an innocent person is exhausted from defending himself against allegations over a decade old that don't relate to him, yet... people want to post links like official court documents of multiple felony indictments or a guilty verdict regarding online sales and fraud from aftermarket auto part sales. hahahahaha so, you all know me, my name, yet no one person here will provide any information other than the Golf guy linking them to a human being on this planet. For all we know, you and others are just sophisticated AI bots sent out to troll a Prius forum. The whole jump on the unique guy with the tallest lifted Prius because of internal manufacturing and shipping delays to then say he's a crook... just, maybe it's me, maybe because I've never had fraud committed on me nor have I committed fraud, nor sent money to someone after meeting on social media to then not have gotten anything in return. Maybe I just choose to see the good in people while having a life I enjoy, a life that has me always happy and not trying to be a sour puss talking down to someone on an online forum. Thus, having me think I think I'm far superior to those on the fourm!

See,what you've failed to realize is, that your words towards me might just have canceled you out of any current or future deals with those who know I am not what you say I am. But hey, its your world squirrel, I'm just trying to get a nut.

But, me and the AG's talk, I'm transparent with them and have no fear of anything against me... see, the thing is, my agenda is so far past anything you can think of but, for some reason, you've made it your mission to prove I am something I'm not. Like I said, I forgive you, I don't harbor grudges, my time is too valuable for that. I'll also be here to accept your apology when that day arrives. It wouldn't be the first I've received.

I will say tho. I've gotten more than one message today regarding your words on this forum... many are questioning you and your motives. Some just feel you are out of line.
    upload_2023-10-17_22-26-33.png

but while im here.. check out my facebook page
    Screenshot 2023-10-05 103638.png

2. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Wow, thanks for all the extra leads!

That has been very clear for a long time.

I never signed up for FB (didn't like their terms of service), so can't see anything on any of their platforms that require a log-in, which seems to be most of it. But I can see some stuff open without a login. They even have a Prius Offroad Group!:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1803065516536991

Mr. F likes this.
  3. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Like I said, it's the internet, people can type out the grandest fictional novels and publish them without anything to validate their words. That's why, these days I chuckle at all the commotion. When you have people using a hashtag that ends with N starts with D and has a A in the middle in their comments to you or people saying you are a scammer/crook without knowing more than what is posted online, you become numb to their energy

They love me so much there, they removed all images I posted regarding the tall lift I have and other products I've brought to market. That one makes me laugh, they don't want people to see the work I've done...

Plus, I'll be the first to admit I know I'm only superior in being the guy people gravitate towards all while enjoying my energy in real life. I was referring to those around these parts who clearly have a chip on their shoulder. I'm just a humble guy from Los Angeles on a mission to be the first Hybrid let alone Prius to cross Darien's Gap!

I'm on that have my Prius recognized for something no one thought was possible for a Prius, Prius Vibes.

4. Johnny Cakes

Johnny Cakes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    You'll never get Trump to admit that he lost the election.
    You'll never get black_jmyntrn to admit that he's a scammer.

All this attention is like oxygen to him. He loves it. If he didn't engage, it wouldn't have 30,000 views and be one of the most popular threads of all time on PriusChat. He keeps the thread going.

On the other hand, if we didn't engage, the thread would die and black_jmyntrn wouldn't have the attention platform that he loves so much.

But the bottom line is that you have to feel sorry for black_jmyntrn. His mental illness clouds his perception, so it's really not his fault.
    Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental health condition in which people have an unreasonably high sense of their own importance. They need and seek attention and want people to admire them. People with this disorder may lack the ability to understand or care about the feelings of others.

5. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    As expected, this dude's past is starting to catch up to him. He's not living a lifestyle he can sustain. His fate is inevitable. Here's the newest 3 links. Perhaps others on here would like to study the comments in these links and start connecting the dots and report back in this thread so he can no longer rip people off:
    -----------
    "The Wyoming Attorney General Consumer Complaints Inspector needs your help. Owner of PriusOverlanding Duwayne McClendon, has a reputation for not delivering orders and charging restocking fees for canceled undelivered orders. According to Federal Regulations https://www.ecfr.gov/current/title-16/chapter-I/subchapter-D/part-435#p-435.2(b)(1)(ii) Priusoverlanding is NOT allowed to hold money for orders past 30 days without your consent. Trying to cancel after 30 days then charging you restocking fees is also illegal! If you now or have ever been a victim of Duwayne’s manipulative business tactics at Priusoverlanding, please take the 15-20 minutes to contact the Wyoming AG Consumer Complaint Investigator. He can be reached at [email protected] or by filling out the online form Wyoming Attorney General - Consumer Complaints The Inspector says he needs "numerous complaints filed over time in order to launch a full investigation. Dissolving a business is certainly within our wheelhouse, but it requires more than just one complaint". Please spread the word to other victims, we have a real chance at preventing convicted criminal Duwayne McClendon (Burglary, Forgery, Grand Theft, False Impersonation, and others) from harming future people!"

22 comments can be viewed from the 4 month old post here:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/prius/comments/14rrl50/duwayne_mcclendon_aka_priusoverlandingcom/
    -------------

Also 152 comments can be viewed on this 7 month old post here:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/prius/comments/11ypzsh/is_priusoverlandingcom_dead/

-------------
    And if anyone is a lawyer or paralegal with access to the entirety of this case and they can summarize: Demurrer_to_complaint | Demurrer | Casetext

#285 PriusCamper, Oct 18, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2023
    Hybrid Ron and Johnny Cakes like this.
  6. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I don't have an account at Reddit, so maybe there is stuff there that I can't see. What I can see is that the text you have quoted appears there. What I can't see is who posted it, or whether that person had anything to do with the Wyoming attorney general.

I'm not sure how surprised I should be at the idea of a Wyoming attorney general seeking leads by posting on Reddit.

7. PriusCamper

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    duplicate post... Thanks @Danny

#287 PriusCamper, Oct 19, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2023
  8. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I see that the duplicate-post problem got solved....

9. PriusCamper

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Maybe in theory... But not in practice... It's been 39 days since Danny posted his server migration announcement and then he got Covid and said he was postponing and no one, not even the moderator has heard from him since.

10. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't have a reddit account either. But the way I read the items there, they were posted by a regular citizen user who had been in contact with the WY-AG's office, not by anyone actually in the WY-AG's office.

#290 fuzzy1, Oct 19, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2023
    black_jmyntrn likes this.
  11. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I have to say, whatever you all smoke or drink.. it comes across as REALLY GOOD stuff. personally, I don't partake in those shenanigans, I just think you need to tip your supplier. I get a feeling you all must get it from the same place or vicinity. It's like, your level of either creativity or just straight ignorance, which they say is bliss.. but anywho, the way you can just come up with stuff, articulate it online, and maybe fully like Camper. Ha! can't even read Reddit right but see... the thing is, this all started from the same group of people.. once the bandwagon got moving, clearly a bunch of y'all jumped on.

I can't lie, I do love the attention, it's pretty comical actually to see anonymous voices on a forum believe if they type something enough times and enough different ways, it's true. Pretty remarkable actually! Reminds me of a video outside of a restaurant where you see people hanging out on the outside patio/sidewalk. Two random joggers run by and the next thing you know, one by one everyone starts running away out of fear thinking the joggers are running from something life-threatening.

but really, Cool Stories Bros! What you are able to write about someone you've never met and read about online formulating an opinion based on mostly false information from non-customer words. Similar to how Camper just ASSUMED and made something out of himself in that regard speaks volumes to my point now of yeah, it is definitely ignorance or misinterpretation that you here fall victim to.

It is unfortunate really, these days I feel bad for you all and wish you the best. The level of whatever you have going on with that side of the screen must be rough on you. Have no fear, in time, when you've realized how much of an nice personumptions you've been, all of which were incorrect. but since you've read this far, check out a few of my popular Reels!

upload_2023-10-18_23-41-17.png upload_2023-10-18_23-43-35.png

12. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I meant I saw the duplicate post problem had been solved in the case of your particular post, in a way that seemed to have eliminated every copy of your response. :)

13. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I didn't see anything more than that one post. (Maybe if I had enabled javascript for reddit.com, I'd have seen more. Pass.) I read it pretty much the same way you did, but noticed the only links in it were publicly-known generic WY AG email addresses and URLs (and a CFR link, same deal) that wouldn't have been hard for any motivated redditor to look up. Not saying that makes it obviously fake; just doesn't seem to make it obviously decidable, one way or the other, at least without contacting the WY AG and asking.

14. PriusCamper

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    That sounds more like a duplicate deletion problem than a duplicate posting problem...

15. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    As does this witch hunt you are all on sounds like an entitlement issue versus a ya'll mad I don't care about MPG problem.

hahahaha, SweetCheeksCupcakes over there thinks I answer to him, and his PhD in psychology is what makes him a subject matter expert on all things relating to human psychology. They say he's really good at never meeting someone and making a 100% accurate assessment of them by reading words written by other people! There is no way he is a convicted felon, I don't think he would last long as someone lady behind bars, he's too brilliant for that!

upload_2023-10-19_12-18-46.png

Attached Files:

16. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    There was no duplicate posting problem left afterward. ;)

17. V Sport Wagon

V Sport Wagon Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    o_O Wonder what the warranty/claims department looks like :cautious:

18. Hybrid Ron

Hybrid Ron Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    According to the complaint, sworn to under the penalty of perjury......

Duwayne McClendon (Black_jmyntrn) was involved in a romantic relationship with Elan Coplin. Duwayne started a business called ELC Motorsports -- coincidentally using the initials (ELC) of his lover. He just didn't tell her about starting the business. But he claimed that Elan was the principal of the business, and he used her driver's license and social security number, which he had access to since he was in a relationship with her.

Duwayne (Black_jmyntrn) then opened a credit card processing account for the business with Cardservice International, using Elan's info without her knowledge or permission. Elan swore under oath that in addition to using her social security number and driver's license number, Duwayne forged her signature on the document opening the credit card account.

They broke up shortly thereafter. Elan was later sued by Cardservice International for $9,113.82. She was shocked, having never heard of ELC Motorsports and didn't know why she was being sued.

In February 2004, Elan discovered a checkbook from Toyota Federal Credit Union in the name of "Duwayne McClendon, DBA ELC Motorsports." She met with Duwayne ((Black_jmyntrn) to discuss the matter. Duwayne later wrote Elan, admitting that he was the owner of ELC Motorsports and promised that he would take full responsibility for the $9,113.82 debt. Instead, he closed ELC Motorsports, leaving Elan still on the hook for the money, since the Cardservices International account had been opened in her name.

Elan went to the San Rafael Police Department to file an incident report.

By the time the Cardservice International lawsuit hit the court, Elan was out $22,220.72 plus an additional $1,687.37 in charges and interest.

Eventually Elan got tired of Duwayne's (Black_jmyyntrn) stall tactics and filed a lawsuit against him, charging: (1) Appropriation of Name/Likeness; (2) Concealment; (3) Fraud; (4) Intentional Misrepresentation; (5) Conversion; (6) Unjust Enrichment and (7) Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress. As part of her lawsuit, Elan submitted an affidavit attesting to all of the facts, under the penalty of perjury.

Unfortunately, the stall tactic worked because the lawsuit was filed after the statute of limitations had expired. So Elan was left holding the bag got nothing from Duwayne (Black_jmyntrn).

19. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    wait.. remind me how me. black_jmyntrn is the Duwayne in this court document? That's the part no one has posted...

20. Johnny Cakes

Johnny Cakes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Ya know, this just sad. It's one thing to be a scammer. There are a bunch of those in the world. Not a good thing but it kinda is what it is.

It's quite another thing to betray someone who you are in a romantic relationship with. Who trusts you. Who has feelings for you.

That's a very twisted personality.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.