1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Buyer Beware: PriusOverlanding is a scam

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by 2PriusGarage, Sep 3, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. V Sport Wagon

V Sport Wagon Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    It’s beyond that point. Do not attempt this. Public warning.⚠️

2. black_jmyntrn

black_jmyntrn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    huh? well then. peace be with you

3. Johnny Cakes

Johnny Cakes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    If we started a "Go Fund Me," how much would it take to get that story told?? :)

V Sport Wagon likes this.
  4. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I'll tell you myself. Customer orders company A product from retailer A. Customer installs product without proper tools and doesn't install product properly. The customer proceeded to back up his vehicle and the axle slipped out puncturing the customer's engine. The customer acknowledged the faulty installation and posted to Reddit and they also confirmed the customer botched installation. The owner of company A proceeds to assist the customer out of kindness knowing he needs good favor and within the community of customers however customer lacks funds to properly fix the vehicle. Although Company A talked with Retailer A about some sort of offering customers a discount, somewhere between the communications there was a misunderstanding about Company A making a large payment for the customer repair which... If you ask me, it makes no sense why Company A who is not at liability, to agree to pay many hundreds to assist when they know they wouldn't be able to due to internal roadblocks. They might offer their manual labor to get hands-on to resolve the customer's issue because that is just the type of owner Company A has. In the end, the customer proceeded to handle it on their own.

the weird thing is, somehow it sounds like Mr. V believed Company A was at fault here somehow... just like he thought I was saying people are jealous.. like huh... how did you even get that from my words?

5. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I was saying, I don't take none of this personally, in the earlier years.. yeah. but like you said it's business.. That's why I don't take it personally, had nada to do with lol. jealousy. If anything, as I said, contrary to those vocal voices here and the other online watering holes, people actually like me a lot and my products. Clearly, you heard the customer and others... They also like as the DogMAn calls it, my "attitude" and see me standing here acknowledging my faults. I am also working to not repeat while ensuring no one will be left feeling like Mr Fred Kay does as of today, who considering all, has been a gentleman and a scholar compared to many other folks. So all you naysayers

I wish you the best, I think I've made my point about not being a scammer and someone with high integrity. I'll be around but you do as you must amongst yourselves.

Separately, I knew I had more 3D scans than the image I posted yesterday. Turns out I just didn't update the image from the latest model. I need to take the tires off so I can capture more frame, that's what I need the most, and the area where the shock enters the car. I'm hoping that the little bit of shifting the lower shock mounting bolt back to make room for the axle will not require too many modifications.. its like dead center where I need it not to be with the axle!

upload_2023-10-21_12-3-32.png
    upload_2023-10-21_12-5-8.png
    upload_2023-10-21_12-8-53.png

6. V Sport Wagon

V Sport Wagon Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    You left out the part where we were all on a 3 way phone call on speaker with 3 other witnesses listeners to the conversation where you said you would cover the customer’s repair bill up to $700 (pretty generous) but unfortunately which was then discarded once the customer was ready to bring in the car for said repairs. The final bill was well over $1500 to remove engine and put together a new block for him. After you attempted to privately make it right with him in San Dimas when you made him drive it to YOU…he called me that next day complaining his wheel studs were stripped when you guys tried taking the tires off.

Somehow the offer fell between the cracks the next week and you bailed on fulfilling the promise leaving him on his own. (Regardless of him installing YOUR product wrong, you made the verbal promise to help him financially cover the repair). I hear by under good faith and honest Truth testify this public statement is true.

* I have no vendetta here, I am correcting the stories told with Truth in how things actually happened. I have a photographic memory for certain things and keeping people honest is one of them. Nothing personal to any parties involved.

7. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Do you realize this isn't the first time you've gotten things misunderstood regarding me? But, clearly, you had something to say and the saying goes there is always three sides to a story...

8. V Sport Wagon

V Sport Wagon Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Yeah it’s like 5 versus 1 and we’re all saying the same thing which verifies my previous statement. By backing out of that deal you left a guy pretty much stranded and unable to make a living doing his Ubers because he had Faith that you would hold up your end of the bargain like you said you would over the phone with witnesses.

Next Topic: Let’s talk about Doug from Evil, Remember his name? Should we go there? I just don’t understand your angle online changing the order of events as they actually happened? It serves your business or you no good especially when those you’ve done business with in person witnessed or were privy to this info. Or was that some other guy named Dewayne? lol

I truly believe honest answers about things would gain you a ton of respect and de-escalate things with all these haters and make this all go away so you wouldn’t have to waste your time trolling the forums seeing what new info people have posted. What a complete waste of time for a business owner!

#348 V Sport Wagon, Oct 21, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2023
  9. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Again... Do you realize this isn't the first time you've gotten things misunderstood regarding me? But, clearly, you had something to say and the saying goes there are always three sides to a story... it makes no sense why Company A who is not at liability, to agree to pay many hundreds to assist when they know they wouldn't be able to due to internal roadblocks. none... and there was no room for you to think somewhere along the lines you misunderstood me aye?

I mean you read jealousy, and you also thought I was talking down or bad or about you on the Bluetooth post when in fact, I was agreeing with you and telling folks what they are to look for in a device... so, that said, if you have anything else you would like to share with the group, don't hold back now!

10. V Sport Wagon

V Sport Wagon Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    What if this was all reverse psychology and I was actually trying to create controversy to boost your business? They say bad publicity sells….oh wait never mind, or does it? I’ll leave the rest of the info off the table for now I have, but there’s a group of homies in Buena Park who tried to help you. Never forget that!

11. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    The thing is.. true homies pull da homie to the side and holla at em, not act out in front of company...

but clearly, I play by a different set of rules, rules like a man keeps his nose out of another man's business...

have you ever heard the term Nipsey Slap?

12. V Sport Wagon

V Sport Wagon Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    No true homies pay their bills. We already pulled you to the side (which you asked for willingly but it didn't work).....And was that just a threat referring to Nipsey? I can make this very difficult if you want it to be.

"Keeping noses out of someone's business"
    Sorry my guy, you made it everyone's business by posting online and fighting everyone who had a valid complaint. If everything was on the up and up, you wouldn't have to worry about that "bidness" being discussed in a public forum.

#352 V Sport Wagon, Oct 21, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2023
  13. Johnny Cakes

Johnny Cakes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    V Sport, RU shaking in your boots?

Yeah, let's go there. black_jmyntrn's gaslighting has go on too long.

14. V Sport Wagon

V Sport Wagon Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    It'll be live streamed for your viewing pleasure :ROFLMAO::LOL:. I think I will challenge Duwayne to an arm wrestling match and if I win, I get his pink slip..we'll have live security to make sure he forks it over after he loses :whistle:.

15. V Sport Wagon

V Sport Wagon Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    It has, but..I am not the kind to kick someone when they are already down. I don't hate him at all..I still admire his engineering skills a LOT actually.

16. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    This thread has run its course.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.