1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Buyer Beware: PriusOverlanding is a scam

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by 2PriusGarage, Sep 3, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. black_jmyntrn

black_jmyntrn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    well, I know this, the OP was refunded and folks receive their parts ordered. clearly, you all have other intentions. best of luck to you all.

2. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Let me know if you are interested!

3. Grit

Grit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    In for 4 springs and a scam!

bisco likes this.
  4. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Can you fill in the missing pieces?

Yesterday at 8 pm you posted:

like I stated earlier happy to give OP a refund, but still... no link to OP and an actual customer who placed an order.still didn't know if the OP was even a paying customer

and today at 10:49 am you say:

well, I know this, the OP was refunded and folks receive their parts ordered. clearly, you all have other intentions. best of luck to you all.

What happened since 8pm last night? Those of us watching on the sidelines want to know!

Johnny Cakes and Grit like this.
  5. Grit

Grit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I think priuschat is in collusion with this scammer by allowing the scammer to post on here preying on innocent people. Both should be reported to proper authorities.

6. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    its more of a 2 front springs, 2 rear springs, hold the scam type of deal. Just need to know how you want the crust is all.

Ah, good call out, after looking at the most recent tickets it was clear who the OP was. All of the OPs tickets were acknowledged, closed and a refund was sent. Well, all recent refund requests were processed. Unless... OP is someone else who wanted a refund and we still haven't linked OP to an order... then this is a larger fubar than originally

I could be wrong, but it's not a difficult task to get a sense of the tone the OP uses and then match it up to a similar one in our ticket system.

Folks who reached out to me regarding this post, that know me personally and my character/intentions have all shared the same sentiment... I can't win them all, just keep swimming, and sometimes the amazing energy I have just doesn't resonate with all. Personally, I've learned being quick to hostility only delays that for which I have hostile energy towards. heh..,. this would've all been avoided had someone acknowledged OPs email on an order update or even sent the refund the day it was requested. smdh... or we had in place the reliable 3pl company we do now to manage all of the fulfillment and manufacture ordering for stock management. Will make sure OP is compensated for the frustration.

Check out the Gen 4 front lift springs in the front of this image, the Gen 2 Rears are the green springs and we recently found out something interesting about the Gen3 and Gen 4 we will share soon.
    20220909_032138-2.jpg

7. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    that's why the court system is around to investigate claims for prosecution and the term innocent until proven guilty is said... things aren't always what they appear to be by your eyes and what you see on the internet.

by your logic, you would've burned every gorgeous lady who sneezed and a gust of wind outside blew hard for fear you believed she is a witch.

8. Bill Norton

Bill Norton Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Don't let Grit get to you.
    His posts are mostly snark and very little actual information.
    Look over a sample of his 'work',,, or don't. :(
    He built a huge 'signature' just to snark members.

I like the direction you are taking with Prius mods! (y)
    Although I don't get that red container sticking out in the wind off the left side, blocking your rear view and adding to the aero drag. But, as I said,,,, Nobody loves a critic....:whistle:

9. Grit

Grit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Snarky > Scammer

bisco likes this.
  10. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    You mean. Snarky > The one taking the Prius to new levels... then so be it.. lol When you want the lightened flywheel, ill give you a nice discount!

It's not him I care about, it's the other owners who read his words and take them to heart then fear making a purchase. Like this whole post is redonkulous... that said the loudest person on the forum is typically the weakest. All these big voices would be quiet in my presence but that's neither here nor there.

Not blocked at all, its position is so you can see out of side mirrors without obstruction. Plus, all of my rear windows are blacked out so there is no visibility at all in or out! LOL.. what aero drag? Its the emergency gas that I had to use during my drive from Los Angeles to Alaska when my o2 sensors were out since I was burning oil...
    Prius Looking Good > Aero Drag

Bill Norton likes this.
  11. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    hey.. PriusCamper... whats your thoughts on this? You've been quiet.

12. Bill Norton

Bill Norton Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    OK then,,,:whistle:
    I like mods that increase functionality and efficiency.
    I couldn't care less about "Looking Good".

Perhaps you need even more 'Flare' on your overlanding Prius. Maybe a steer skull on the hood? That would look outdoorsy !

You have that big azz box on the hitch.
    You could have all your Gypsy Wagon 'stuff' stacked on that hitch box, instead of on the roof in the air stream.
    That could actually increase the aero of the car compared to nothing on the roof!

There's a guy on the Bolt forum claiming a decent gain in efficiency with just a large empty storage box on his trailer hitch platform.

Edit: Sorry for the snark....
    I car camp a bunch but all my gear fits in the car, bikes on the hitch rack, and when I get to camp I set up the tent and gear. I'm not sleeping in the car. Maybe that's the difference.?...

#72 Bill Norton, Sep 10, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2022
  13. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Well, looking good while having functionality for ease of Overlanding.

No on the skull but a Mandalorian helmet on top of the spare connected to the spare tire bolt/lock to the roof rack is on the plan list.

Once I realized no matter how I do it, anything on the roof or sides makes mpg go down, I stopped caring about the mpgs and went for what I need to survive driving the car around the world. Wait until you see my metal bracket I'm still contemplating on adding, think max max holds additional cargo that covers a rear window/door.

The box holds all Overlanding gear like air fryer, sun sails, chairs... the goal was only to have frequently used items in the car, since I removed the rear seat I have lots more cargo and I like having the bed fully setup so I can just climb in to rest without moving anything but my pillow before I lay my head on it.

Ahh, yeah, I sleep in the car and will throw up the napier if the weather gets hyphy.

Bill Norton likes this.
  14. Chelsea Felker

Chelsea Felker Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I’ve had nothing but good convos with Jimmy about all of the products he offers and how the website is run. Running a small business that requires so much inventory can be tough so it’s better to outsource but then outsourcing causes issue. I got my hitch my ordered - much later than I expected but it’s really the only one on the market. I already had a rapport with him on IG so I reached out and asked him when the automated replies stop (and those are needed - humans do not need the stress of doing those mundane tasks). He responded in a timely manner and took all of concerns and suggestions into account. Start ups are start ups for a reason. They’re starting up. Yes, sometimes product takes awhile but what custom product doesn’t. And what product doesn’t since the Big C of 2020.

DO NOT listen to the comments about scams. He’s seriously one of the only people advocating for the Prius to do what it’s capable of doing. Support him and the infrastructure will get better

black_jmyntrn likes this.
  15. 2PriusGarage

2PriusGarage New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I am back one last time to close-out this thread.

After significant effort, PriusOverlanding (Hands On Technologies, LLC) has refunded my money.

It took 28 emails (not counting postings on PriusChat), tracking down the owner of the business via LinkedIn and online forums, and ultimately filing a report with the FTC to finally receive a response. Small business or otherwise, this is unacceptable.

According to the FTC: "A FTC rule requires sellers to ship items as they promised in their ads. If a seller doesn’t promise a time, it has to ship your order within 30 days after it gets your name, address, and payment or permission to charge your account."

Thank you to those on this forum who provided their feedback which aided me in the process.

To others who reached out with similar circumstances from the same vendor, I hope you will also soon find a resolution.

TgrXtrm, Johnny Cakes, w84me and 4 others like this.
  16. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Is a shame you had to go through all of that, as a single-owner company the ball has been dropped more than once in the year since going online. Never was a shopping experience as this ever planned, just happy all is resolved!

Working through challenges has been an interesting task, to say the least. I know with the foundation repairs and improvements the last few months will ensure customer experiences like this will not be repeated.

My ask, if others reach out or anyone reading, send a note through the support portal, there is a team being actively trainned to be knowledgeable in their support of Prius customers. 2PriusGarage can agree all of his messages were responded to and acknowledged a lot later than they should've been.

Thank you for the closure here and all of your support! Things got a little out of control just by the sheer volume of customers that was never planned or even imagined. the good part, the ratio of fumbles is relatively low compared to the overall number of successful happy customers. Just... the blackeye's like this take a long time to heal...

17. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    It would be better if you were not constantly calling 2PriusGarage a liar everytime he posted about no response.

Grit likes this.
  18. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    huh? where did this happen by your observation? This was not the intended message in my words...only stated, through this forum was not able to link 2PriusGarage to a customer.

also, if this was all settled why the need to kick the horse while it's down? is it not enough that this thread is four pages long and already rising in SEO rankings? Do you wish to see others not make purchases and the company fail? Was your intentions something other than to muddy the waters and add more negativity to a topic that is being worked on to not occur in the future?

that's right, you are the one who boasted his pretentiousness...

19. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I am not one of those who think different rules should apply to a small business just because they must have good intentions and we need to support them regardless. If I were a moderator here, these kinds of operators that take money in exchange for promises and little else would not be allowed.

20. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    when it comes to the law, there are no different rules for any business. clearly, we don't see eye to eye and that's fine. the thought here is less "support them for good intentions", and less "while they are down on the ground we will kick them and make attempts to hinder their growth" its more "they fumbled, they resolved, they learned from it, and grew better" but again, we don't eye to eye... have a great weekend yall.

side note, did you know PriusOverlanding.com was the first to develop a four-corner spring lift for the Prius? The myth about lifting a Prius higher than 1.5" and having issues was busted! The front/rear subframe spacers are just one of the handful of never made and tested parts for the Prius? This picture is of the front lift springs with a lift kit and the rear is only custom springs without a lift kit to marry with the front? Currently waiting confirmation from our latest partner that they will be able to install the springs on the struts for our spring kit and if so that means the Gen 2 will have the same option on all four corners. Now if we can just get KONI to make a hybrid set of shocks from their Raid line, a complete suspension kit built stronger than what's currently on the market would make us all a lot happier! 20220418_132553.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.