1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Buyer Beware: PriusOverlanding is a scam

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by 2PriusGarage, Sep 3, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grit

Grit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Sam spade got banned from the forum but that scammer is still allowed in. You’re right, monetary exchange is happening.

2. black_jmyntrn

black_jmyntrn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    you know... the side comments from those who feel they were comedians in a previous life make me laugh.

In this thread someone wanted a refund and received it... for being some smart people, you all sure don't know the saying "it's not how things begin, its how they end" and with more time you'll see your initial assessment was clouded.

3. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    One piece of truth from this guy

Exactly

Stand by this observation

Only settled because you were exposed

A totally misleading statement in a weak attempt to save face

Todd Bonzalez, fuzzy1 and Grit like this.
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    this is like the new prius batteries thread

5. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    you know had many other members here not mentioned to me their thoughts on you, I would probably be... different in the way I think you and your posts. that said, you are just a not liked poster here and... um... your words carry no weight, to me and MANY others... its as if you are a mute... one that cant comprehend anything let alone that the sky is blue. good day to you

6. rjparker

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks for the kind acknowledgement of my efforts

7. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
  8. Todd Bonzalez

Todd Bonzalez Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Wow @2PriusGarage got some patience, that's all I can say.

Seems like they gave the seller the benefit of the doubt, and then some, by waiting from June until September for a refund.

For most cards, the time limit for initiating a chargeback is 120 days from when the payment was processed...something to be aware of when a seller's trying to run down the clock with sob stories about how chargebacks hurt small businesses.

It's hard to see any part of this story as a good example of customer service...

I doubt anybody cares what the seller thinks at this point. That just reads like a smartass, passive-aggressive swipe at a buyer who was rightly frustrated with the seller.

Grit likes this.
  9. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    you know, some need to stumble, then get up and dust themselves off before progress can be made. no sob story, issa like when people say an explanation is an excuse in their book. just because one has an opinion, doesn't make it the end all be all and 100% truth.

that said, not taking a swipe at all, if anything, attempted to confirm the buyer placed a legitimate order. in the past, false claims were proven to be not of an actual buyer.

also, wanted to provide clarity on why a particular item would have delays. The thought transparency is the best medicine was behind the article.

10. Johnny Cakes

Johnny Cakes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I'm a longtime poster with -- I think -- some credibility. I volunteer to be the canary.
    I will purchase and report back here on the progress.

Website says IN STOCK (see below). If that is TRUE, then I should receive the item in a couple of weeks, tops.

==========================
    Toyota Prius Blackout Shades All Windows Gen 3
    upload_2023-1-17_18-2-47.png PriusOverlanding.com·https://priusoverlanding.com

upload_2023-1-17_18-2-47.png
    Toyota Prius Blackout Shades All Windows Gen 3 | 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015. $269.00. -. Toyota Prius Window Sun Shades for all windows except for the ...
    $269.00 · ‎In stock

PriusCamper likes this.
  11. Johnny Cakes

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Actually, before inputting my credit card, let me ask @black_jmyntrn publically to make sure there is no confusion:.

Is your website correct?

Do you have these "In stock"?

Are they available for immediate shipment?

Hybrid Ron and PriusCamper like this.
  12. rjparker

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    That is one way to let him know before you buy. In real life you don't tell them you are testing.

w84me and Grit like this.
  13. Hybrid Ron

Hybrid Ron Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    True that. I saw the website for the shades but figured that the "in stock" was not accurate, given what everyone has said about the seller. This is a throw down to at least test that much of the seller's claim. If black_jmyntrn doesn't respond to the challenge, then we have our answer.

14. Grit

Grit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Just blew up an undercover sting to find cheating online scammers!

tellyourdogisaidhi likes this.
  15. Johnny Cakes

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    @black_jmyntrn has logged in several times since I posted this, most recent was today. I would have thought he would jump on this opportunity to redeem himself and prove everyone wrong.

PriusCamper likes this.
  16. rjparker

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    It looks like your ploy to jump the line has been foiled.

Grit likes this.
  17. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yeah... I private messaged him on Instagram the day he revived this thread saying it was a bold move of him to do that and that your interest in buying sun shades was a great opportunity and asked him if they're really in stock.

His reply was disappointing. It was all about how many changes he's been making to the website and all the website problems and blah, blah, blah. As in sun shades won't be in stock for at least a month even though he's working with manufacturer on lots of things every day.

At first I'm like dude, you can't say something is in stock when its not and told I'm not gonna say anything on the thread but he's doing it wrong and there's lots of people on here who would support his inspiring work if he let us know how we can help? And if you @Johnny Cakes didn't have an error page for a PriusChat profile page I'd of messaged you privately, but that's not an option, so here we go.

18. Grit

Grit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Shocked he haven’t been banned and continue scamming on innocent people here!!!

Todd Bonzalez likes this.
  19. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    By default the store says "In Stock (Avaliable for Backorder)" when is back ordered. "In Stock" is in stock. through the advice of others attempted to make changed right when you commented. Was in between a lot and plan was once new backend processes in place follow up.

That said, for the shades, they are slated to be here mid to late February. We've been negotiating on shipping methods due to import fees and such, when things get to customs issa black hole that we believe should route the shipments faster.

New flow will be popup that'll allow email to be entered when on back order to be notified when in stock. you can still order just you'll know back orderable and tried to code a way for the site to calculate the back order days remaining based on est delivery of incoming package with items that are back ordered but... need to get it up later today with the new verbiage and clarity on item stock like stock quantity.. as of now ships in 48 hours or less when an item is in stock. one pay method we dont charge until in stock, the other is paid to guarantee a set in a first come first serve order. You can cancel order at anytime just you loose your spot in the queue.

the next batch is of 30 sets and the manufacturer is following this thread close enough to ask when am I responding. heh...

uh, I don't frequent these parts often, I saw his note shortly after just hadn't the time to sit and respond.

they say, the more you shine the more shadows you create.

you know... I've realized being transparent does no good. the opposite end, being silent when no update does non either. heck, saying no update while we wait for things through customs would still get the stick without lube. I can't win them all yet... I was tempted to show a screen recording of this convo. your usage of disappointment yet you didn't listen to the voice notes doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies.

heh.. after taking advice from the hecklers I had to think of a better presentation that foks understand timelines and if is back ordered or not. default messaging didn't work even if I understood it; customers needed to understand clearly so no room for misunderstanding.

the notion of someone tripping on the hurdle and once they are down they are flawed and wont finish the race isn't in my vocabulary. I don't think you or others even saw the item say (Available for Backorder) as the "in Stock" text right before threw you off and that's all you focused on.

still, your opinion of "disappointed" to another with compassion would see the attempts in resolving the flaws... i just know nothing in life is perfect and all new businesses can have drunk baby legs while learning to walk.

That's the thing. This thread was started because a customer wasn't informed the shades are imported... and this can have a delay. Since day one id say 10% have received them rapidly when in stock, the rest months as the initial shipping strategy wasn't what I was expecting.

That said, I had a lot to do and some slipped by me like OP... to be a scam you have to take someone's money with malic without any intention of returning or exchanging it for the product ordered. Initially, 10 max sets came in at a time... now 30 to deal with demand. thing is now the incoming 30. Last I checked almost 20 were paid for and 3 were not paid just in the queue behind the others. at the low stock point, the site will auto-send PO to manufacturers for parts and the 22day to back-in-stock counter starts. That said, those who don't charge back (which is a horrible thing to do to a small business) or cancel, receive their order and now with more open communication.

Those that run around trying to tarnish me, I thank! I literally implemented fixes so their concerns are not concerns. Sure they might be Karen's about the whole thing but I was listening... i didn't let all that energy on me go to waste!
    so I ask you, am I a scam only because someone chose to publicly shame me to get my attention and then received their refund? they had every right to seek what they were after rightfully so.
    The good news is now we have a customer support agent and an executive assistant since November have been optimizing and keeping open communications. not 100% ironed but slowly getting there.

how can you know without a shadow of a doubt any scams going on? from what I've seen, folks are using posts like this which represent ~2% of orders fumbled collectively to emphasize their emotions as to be their opinion as fact! I say it all the time, ill cancel the order and refund it... might not be as swift as a customer's expectation like shipping prius pats no one else carries and are popular like a lulu buy one get two free sale!

because of this Is just two-quarters of the data... no scam, will send the funds back!
    Screenshot 2023-01-22 040623.png

20. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I had to look into this and found when I leave the web browser tab open as a reminder to go back and respond. when I close chrome and re-open it opens tabs previously open. hahaha. so while the page loads with me logged in, I'm not actively looking at it.

how so? He kicked it off, is was successfully received and now he can make the next move based on the information received

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.