1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Buyer Beware: PriusOverlanding is a scam

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by 2PriusGarage, Sep 3, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Todd Bonzalez

Todd Bonzalez Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Here's another saying I like: "If you see assh*les everywhere, maybe you're the assh*le?".

If anything's apparent from this thread, it's that you really, really didn't shine. Maybe you're good at something else, but customer service doesn't seem to be your thing.

The #1 rule of customer service is: Communicate

When you don't communicate, you make your customer angry. They feel that their concern is being ignored, or you're trying to scam them (as happened in this case).

The #2 rule of customer service is: Tell the truth

Customers hate bullsh*t, and they can tell when they're being lied to (or they'll find out eventually - neither is good for your reputation).

Answer customer queries truthfully. If you don't know the answer, tell the customer you don't know the answer. Tell them that you'll find out, and give them a timeframe for getting back to them. And get back to them within the timeframe..see rule #1 above.

Specific to this case - your supply chain issues aren't the customer's problem. They're paying for goods, not a story. You could have offered them the chance to cancel the order the first time they queried, if the goods weren't gonna be available within a reasonable time. Maybe they would've cancelled the order, or maybe they would've been happy to wait a while longer...but I guess we'll never know now.

"I was tempted to blah blah" :rolleyes: Threatening to publish a private conversation is a dirtbag move.

Don't make any of this the customer's fault - it's not a good look.

#101 Todd Bonzalez, Jan 22, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2023
    Grit, w84me and alftoy like this.
  2. black_jmyntrn

black_jmyntrn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    You know, I've realized it's easy to say what should've been done; clearly, I'm not a customer service person, I should've hired one sooner.

The thought that I've been completely transparent. the truth.. standing here eager for constructive criticism to have the truth read as one says a "disappointment". I cant agree a dirtbag move when details of the conversation were already shared... does that mean initial mention of private convo was a db move?

I am happy to choose other words to not appear as pointing finger anywhere but to self. the catch 22 of all this has me just speaking my truth and some will see my heart others wont. There is no pleasing everyone but I will try. Never said supply chain issues were anyone but my own, its what happens, heck... since covid most companies have an interesting time similar to mine,..

that said, I copied your words and now on my "words of improvement note pad" and I think you for your honesty. time will have all of this in the rear view, not here to scam, here to inspire and help build the dreams of others.

3. Hybrid Ron

Hybrid Ron Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    If nothing else, this thread got the seller to correct the false "IN STOCK" to "BACK ORDERED." The website is such bad coding that it is a hot mess, but at least people will no longer be mislead.

If these are ever in stock and delivered, I'll be shocked.

Grit and Todd Bonzalez like this.
  4. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Don't forget they are taking everyone's money upfront and not responding to inquiries or refund requests unless constantly outed here.

Todd Bonzalez and Grit like this.
  5. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    That is not necessarily true. Majority of orders, we don't charge the card if the item is on backorder; we charge the card once the item is ready to ship out. Do you have any statement of facts to support your opinion? Unfortunately, we've returned tens of thousands of dollars, as Prius owners appear not to have the patience to wait for an order placed online to arrive.

actually, as a default value of the shopping cart, "In Stock (Available for Backorder)" is the wording for back-ordered items. On-site launch, we believed this to be an accurate reflection of most products. The sun shades are In Stock with our manufacturer and are available for purchase as a backorder.

There was no intention of misleading anyone. One would believe the default values for the shopping cart would be sufficient and not be labeled as a company trying to mislead people.

That said, why such animosity? To date, the sun shades are one of our biggest sellers, with owners all over the country sporting them. Why makes you assume no one has received them?

6. Hybrid Ron

Hybrid Ron Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    Except that it never said "Available for Backorder" just "IN STOCK." The HTML coding is so messed up on that page that maybe you intended it to say that, but it just said "In Stock."

I've read this thread from the beginning and believe what posters have said.

Grit likes this.
  7. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I like to believe there are no mistakes, just lessons to learn and improve on.
    I've spent the last few weeks making sure I understand how the system reflects the stock levels and how the various dropshipping and other backend ordering plugins function together.

That said, clarity was definitely needed on my part in a few different ways. Guess my thought now is, I know I'm human, I make mistakes, and I make sure to not repeat the same mistakes, all the while not pointing the finger at someone for their mistakes. What's the saying, you point one finger forward, but there are more pointing back at you?

This is a good read where I learned a lot.
    Setting up and managing WooCommerce backorders

Heh,. it didn't help to have multiple fulfillment companies who used different stock-level flows... you know.. nevermind. These days no matter my truth, it's spun back around on me as if the speakers are flawless in their lives and make no mistakes...I'm just trying to elevate a platform that was stagnant before I showed up and yet, I get the heat?

The brighter you shine, the more shadows you cast!

The day my Prius beats a Model 3 at the stop light and it goes viral, I can't wait to hear what's said then... AWD Turbo Gen 3 PHEV!!! #gang gang

8. Johnny Cakes

Johnny Cakes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    So here we are with five days left in the month (mid-February has long gone). What's the update? This canary is starting to gasp for air.

Safi, Grit and bisco like this.
  9. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Fly away while you still can.

Todd Bonzalez likes this.
  10. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    they should be in hand by March 6th.

11. Todd Bonzalez

Todd Bonzalez Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Narcissist much? Dude, you kept a member waiting four months for a refund.

This is some of the most sneaky cynical bull***t I've read on this forum.

If an item is on backorder, YOU DON'T HAVE IT IN STOCK. Your supplier's stock isn't your stock. If you have it in your warehouse, trunk of your car, or wherever you physically store your stock, then you can legitimately say it's in stock. "Hnngh that's the default value programmed into the shopping cart" isn't a valid excuse.

The description "In Stock (Available for Backorder)" is contradictory and misleading. I don't know where you learned English, my friend.:rolleyes:

Grit likes this.
  12. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    You know, the shopping cart default wording wasn't the proper choice when we were getting things started. There were definitely some areas overlooked in a few words. It's a shame your view is as such, things were moving fast in the beginning and things were still new, yet we are working through the hurdles. For me, the thought of one not knowing the stock levels based on the default description for our stock levels depends on which fulfillment center has the item(s) on hand for us. Things got funky with multiple locations based on part and all this other good jazz I know you are unaware of. We plan on doing some videos on the new and improved process, just making sure we've got it down and resolving any outstanding issues is where we are now with things. Shades and a good handful of other new items and options will be online and we provided some additional clarity on what our Product Stock Descriptions are, they can be found on the link below. Definitely appreciate your concerns in all of this.

https://priusoverlanding.com/new-site-means-updated-product-availability/

13. Johnny Cakes

Johnny Cakes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    This is *great* news -- thanks for the update. As I indicated before, I am willing to trust / make payment and I will post publicly in this forum when the shades arrive. I've submitted my contact info on your website but if you need anything else, just send me a private message here.

black_jmyntrn likes this.
  14. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    You are the man and we are making sure to set aside a set for you so they ship out the same day as ordered if placed before noon pacific time.

15. Safi

Safi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Active
    Looking forward!

#115 Safi, Mar 1, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2023
  16. Safi

Safi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Active
    That's good news!

#116 Safi, Mar 1, 2023
  17. Safi

Safi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Active
    Hey!! How do I contact you?

18. Safi

Safi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Active
    Can you message him to get in touch with me as well? :(

19. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Message him on Instagram... At this point I've tried to clarify his customer service problems enough times that if I keep doing it he's gonna stop interacting with me. Wouldn't be too big of a loss, but I'd like to avoid burning bridges with my often overly stern tone when using just words.

#119 PriusCamper, Mar 1, 2023
    Grit and Safi like this.
  20. Safi

Safi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Active
    Tried everywhere, Instagram, Facebook, WhatsApp, email, calls, Prius chat, thinking of writing a letter now.

Trying since last Saturday now, everything else is happening normally except for replying to my messages lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.