1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Buying a 2010 Prius Misfire CEL On

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Frontporch, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Frontporch

Frontporch Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have read about the solar roof, so I believe I understand how it works. I am looking for a sunroof and don't care much about the cooling the solar roof provides. Unfortunate that it was such an expensive option that it is uncommon.

I posted a year or so ago asking people if it was a worthwhile option and most people really liked the sunroof part of the solar roof. I have been in other model cars where it is great and others where it is just ok ( usually noise from buffeting air ). My 96 accord sedan had the best sunroof in my opinion, quiet and only a slight breeze when driving on the highway.

Of course, if the solar roof leaked, I would not want to deal with the headaches. Not sure I understand the debris issue and can that potentially clog drains?

2. sam spade 2

sam spade 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Sounds to me like you should be specifying a "sun/moon roof" and NOT the solar one.
    As you can see, the discussion veered off into something that you don't really care about.

3. Frontporch

Frontporch Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well. I am not too familiar with the gen3 but I didn’t think there was a sunroof moonroof other than a solar roof at least for the first few years

I did express an interest at $2500 and explained why but the seller is not interested. Can’t blame him. Probably still drives well at this point

4. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If the OP is going into this deal with eyes wide open, and is willing maybe even looking for a project, and has the skills to repair the vehicle himself?
    It could be a palatable deal.

But overall?
    You're buying a vehicle that could have any degree of problem, up to and including it could need a new engine.
    Even if you are willing to deal with that reality, you probably should ask yourself if better starting points could be found for the same amount of investment.
    Keeping in mind, that which is palatable now? Is possibly NOT palatable tomorrow. If engine replacement becomes engine replacement AND Hybrid Battery failure. ( At that age, and mileage, it becomes a specter)

So, I sit on the fence on this.
    If the OP want's to take the risk? As long as you are evaluating the big picture possibilities.
    But overall?
    Why go into a deal, where right up front you KNOW you have a problem?

Mendel Leisk likes this.