1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Buying a 2015 Four soon! Questions....

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Sarawithanh, Jul 19, 2015.

1. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Right! You've got the purchasing power ... so you make the rules. I'd tell 'em to knock the processing fee out of there, or you'll be out of there.
    and WECLOME !!
    ;)

2. Blizzard_Persona

Blizzard_Persona Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    A Persona is the "special edition" trim level that is optioned between a three and a four Prius.

It has 17" gunmetal rims, Entune/Nav, softex seats, side view mirror blinkers, interior blue light footwell lights, 3 door sks and maybe a couple other things.

Looks kinda like this (mines tinted and roof is wrapped though):

image.jpg image.jpg

MSRP is right around 28k for the bright red one and 28.4k for the Blizzard Pearl white like mine, and that's before any discounts of course. Only comes in those two colors. FYI.

3. Sarawithanh

Sarawithanh New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    So, I'm terrible at writing to-the-point emails to people and to try to negotiate, forget about it. Anybody have any draft emails they are willing to share on how to get started? I would normally have my husband help - he has a way with words ;) and is a salesman. Hahaha BUT I'm the one with free time at work and a computer right now, and he's busy working double shifts at the restaurant.

I'm thinking I want them to itemize everything specifically, like Price for Car, Sales Tax, Freight, Dealer processing fee, etc. It makes it easier for me to compare apples to apples. One of the sales managers at the dealership I was emailing is like super ADD and doesn't write in complete sentences, she is pissing me off. I'm going to try a different dealer today. Should I be writing to their fleet manager or there internet sales manager? whats the difference?

I was going to drag hubby to dealership tonight, but he made a good point - why do we need to spend hours in a dealership - its 2015, can't we do this all by email? One could hope!

4. Sarawithanh

Sarawithanh New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    The internet is a wonderful thing, I think I'm going to start with this:

My husband and I are looking to purchase a Toyota Prius by the end of the month. I am interested in hearing the lowest full out-the-door price you can offer on both of the following two options:

1. New 2015 Toyota Prius Persona

2. New 2015 Toyota Prius Four
    Exterior Color: Blizzard Pearl, Winter Gray, Sea Glass Pearl

Interior Color: Light or Dark Gray

Price is our biggest factor, with interior/exterior colors being second. I want to be able to drive the car off the lot at the end of the month. Other features are irrelevant. Again, full out-the-door price is requested so we can compare to offers from other dealers.

Thank you for your help with this.

bisco likes this.
  5. Blizzard_Persona

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE

Looks great, and to the point.

Maybe include in your email if you want opt for the zero percent financing or if you want the bigger discount and you will bring your own financing and or cash deal.. Or ask them all to quote you both prices, that's what I would do, even better for comparison purposes...

Good luck.

6. Sarawithanh

Sarawithanh New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Can anybody tell me why the Persona is coming up less expensive in dealer emails thus far? I thought it had a bunch of extras - wouldn't that make it pricier than the Four?

7. Blizzard_Persona

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE

Re read post #22, I explained it :)

It's between a three and a four in trim levels..

8. law

law Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Your over thinking this. When I email dealerships I just asked for best price and that's it. You ask for too many things and make your email too long it will confuse the sales person. Don't even ask OTD price because they will just waste your time with tedious emails back and forth. This is how my emails went

Hi I need your best price.

Then they gave me the price they give everybody.

My response is I'm looking for better pricing. I leave it open for them to pursue me, that's their job.

I sent about 6 emails back and forth and haggle with them over phone once. Once I got to dealership I just had to sign papers and that's it.

It doesn't matter what kind of manager you talk to. It's all the same. The manager i dealt with wasn't even from that dealership. He was rotating manager from another dealer.

Don't use word lowest, use best price. Don't give them what you want. Look on their website see what they have ask for best pricing on that car you want then when you neogiate lie and say you want something else they don't have. Basic 101 negotiation tatics.

Btw so dealerships have chat box to speed up the process.

9. Munpot42

Munpot42 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    No, the Personna is a Prius 3 with special wheels and pleather interior, lacks many Prius 4 features.

10. Blizzard_Persona

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    Many?

11. Sarawithanh

Sarawithanh New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    I think I decided the Persona doesn't have what I want, I really want the heated seats, and the better sound system.

Some of these dealers are telling me the general manager can give the best out the door price and I can come into the store to talk to them. They are so cute. Sorry but I ain't got time for that. especially with my husband working doubles, and/or nights, so we are literally ships in the wind. We have some free time this weekend, but goddamn I refuse to waste my weekend in a dealership.....

I also wonder if next dealer I email, I should have my husband send an email to see. Do you think they are still discriminating against me even though I'm specifically saying "my husband and I' are looking for a car? Tho, gotta be honest, I'm the one wearing the pants in this relationship hehehehehehe.

12. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    doubt it matters, but i always just ask for their best price, without any formalities. they either want to move a car or they don't. a lot of them don't, get my business.

13. Munpot42

Munpot42 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    to me power seats is many, but I'm not going to the Toyota site to check out the rest, you are welcome to if interested enough.

14. Blizzard_Persona

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    No thanks,

You posted the quote, just asking you to elaborate, seems you will not though... A few posts up I did elaborate the differences between a three and a Persona though to help the op decide...

The differences are not "many" though.

And what you describe as pleather is actually called softex. It is an amazing material that somehow does not get crazy hot in the summer nor does it get ice cold in the winter like real leather, thus alleviating the need for heated seats I find. I'll also add, I did test drive a five with heated seats before I bough my Persona and I didn't like the way it's either scalding hot or nothing? Weird that they would not make different temp settings for it..

15. usnavystgc

usnavystgc Die Hard DIYer and Ebike enthusiast.

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Get what you want Sara. You'll be much happier if you do.

16. Sarawithanh

Sarawithanh New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Does anybody know if the Toyota Financing Departments require our paystubs for doing a loan (I know for house buying they do). I'm assuming its not necessary and Toyota can easily just check our credit reports? (and probably already have due to my trip to the dealer on Sunday?)

17. sillylilwabbit

sillylilwabbit Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Regarding softtex:

How about sweat?

18. Blizzard_Persona

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    No pay stubs needed. Just fill out the credit app when you get there. It's quick and painless.

Nope. Feels great.

19. law

law Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    They always try lure you into the dealership with false promises. If you think they're judging you because your a woman just make a fake email and email them again but use different wording "I like this prius stock #, what is your best price? Once I agree on a price I came come in this weekend"

Have to remember different sales people respond differently, some might not even respond back when you ask for better pricing and some may go above and beyond to please you.

Only difference from Persona and a 4 is homelink, heated seats, auto lights, JBL sound system, and power seats.

Home link can be easily replaces by remote that cost $20. In So Cal heated seats isn't important to me. I don't see power seats being useful unless several different people drive your car, isn't once your seat is set, it's set? Auto lights would have been the only useful thing I would want from a Prius 4 trim. From what I read JBL sound system isn't really much better than standard one. To me standard one sounds as good to as BOSE ones in my GMC Denali.

I can't find Persona on Toyota site anymore but I think a Prius 4 is $2,000 more than Persona depending on add ons.

#39 law, Jul 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  20. law

law Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Persona

If you have good to excellent credit they don't care as long as they're selling a car. I bet they won't even check if your credit is average. I bet convo with finance manager would be like do you have paystub? You say No and guess I can't get the car and get up to leave I bet she will be like it's ok, you just showed me it *wink wink.