1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Buying a Prius #2 in Maryland

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by moisiFr, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Bob64

Bob64 Sapphire of the Blue Sky

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ask for the "out the door" price. Or your not going to get any sort of benchmark... Some dealers tack on "required" charges that will screw you in the end...

Beware that MD dealers do not include destination charges in the quote, so you gotta ask for the "out the door" price. Oh, and be sure to stay away from their warranty, buy it here for cheap.

2. Rockville1

Rockville1 Silver Pine Mica

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I got quotes from 8 MD dealers and they all included the destination charge in their quotes. Most even gave me the sale price plus their "out the door price" without me having to ask.

The Silver Spring Toyota dealer sold me the car for the exact price that we negotiated over email exchange. Very smoothe transaction, no hassle and no pressure.

3. moisiFr

moisiFr New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Do you mind telling me where did you find this information? I read an article on carbuyingtips.com that says to offer 3-5% over the dealer price. I guess this price includes the holdback. If so a fair price would be from 21971 (+100 processing fee) to 22384 (+100). I think I am gonna contact all the dealers and tell them I want the car as close as 22K including all fees except Taxes and Tags, and see how it goes. BTW I contacted several VA dealers and their processing fees are around $369.

4. moisiFr

moisiFr New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I just bought my Prius #2 with floor mats today, I got it for $22,000 including processing fees. Thanks a lot for your help.

5. Rokeby

Rokeby Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I guess it is now appropriate to (Drum roll, please) Officially Welcome you to
    PriusChat.

I don't think that you will regret your purchase.

Now the fun starts!

Be safe, remember that the pursuit of the illusive FE-Max is only a game as
    you motor (smugly) 'round The Land of Pleasant Living.