1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Buying a Prius below MSRP - is it doable?

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by daspianist, Dec 7, 2011.

1. BikeVa

BikeVa New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I just started looking and went thru the Costco buyers program. Got an offer almost $2000 under the MSRP plus 0% financing or aother $1000 off without the 0%. Decided not to get a new Prius even with what I thought was a great offer. Told the dealership that I was not going to get a new car at this time and 3 hrs later they did better. The MSRP was $25500 and they came back to me with a cost of $22200 plus 0% at 60 months or if I did not do 0% it would be another $1000 off.

2. mmcdonal

mmcdonal Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I always go to the local CarMax, which is a new Toyota dealer, just a few miles down the road from you in Laurel, MD (I am not affiliated with them). They show you sticker, and then how much below bottom sticker they are selling the car for you. No haggling. If you go to their web site, you can find the model you want, call them, and go in and pick up the car, no haggling, no financing or trade in scams. In fact, the CarMax used car lot is across the street. You can go in there first and get an appraisal, or they will drive it over to them. Since they are not affiliated, they will not low ball your trade in in order to get more out of the sale. I have purchased my last 6 cars from them, and would not go anywhere else. I used to sell cars, so I know how all that works. Bleh.