1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Buying a Prius - Not so easy

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by mari21, Jul 14, 2007.

1. acdii

acdii Active Member

Considering the day I bought ours was the last day of the special low interest financing, and the only one on the lot was a base in silver, I didn't want to waste time trying to find one with more"stuff" on it and possibly lose out on great financing, so we bought the one we found and haven't regretted it one moment. Smart key would be nice, since our Fords all have a keypad and locking the keys in the Ford is near impossible, aside from that, the car has all we need in it.

Funny thing is, the Saturday before we bought it, they had 8 cars on the lot, two in the blue color and package 6 that I was interested in, but since I was only looking at the time, I didnt bother going to the Dealer, the following monday, my wife thought she was in labor, doc said nope, go walk around a while, maybe you will be. Well we dicided to go check out the Prius, since we had no clue what it was like other than it got great MPG. They SOLD all they had on that Saturday, but 10 minutes before we pulled in one base model was delivered, I was the first to road test it, and bought it on the spot. It didnt take long for us to decide on it, the financing was 2.9% for 5 years, and they were giving us 4K for an old exploder sight unseen. If I were to buy one now, it would be a different story, the price would have to be just right, no matter what toys it has in it.