1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Buying Advice: Why would MSRP listed on pdf be different?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by saibari, Jun 28, 2016.

1. saibari

saibari Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have a few dealers bidding on a new prius for me and they sent me pdfs with vin and specs. The MSRP varies on these pdfs, but all the listed specs are the same. I want to be sure I'm comparing apples with apples -- why would the MSRP differ? :confused:

2. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Are the dealers all in the same tax area, is Delivery charges and licenses included or broken out?

3. saibari

saibari Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The MSRP does not include taxes, doc fees, or registration. I just heard from the dealer with the lower MSRP. He said the difference is "applique around cup holders" ... whatever that is. Doesn't seem important.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    it's a black plastic kit they can add to cover most of the white. runs $2-400. installed.

5. wrprice

wrprice Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    May not be listing dealer add-ons, like VIN etching, nitrogen in the tires, pinstripes, and other such "it's already on the car so we have to charge you" stuff that's not listed on the manufacturer option list. The console and shifter applique is one such item, and MSRP is $200 so don't pay more than that and try to negotiate it down anyway if you didn't have a say in whether it was installed.

The console applique is an important appearance fix for many. As for the rest,
    I usually tell them that they're welcome to remove that bloat and it was silly to assume that all their customers wanted it (clearly, they simply want all their customers to pay for it). Nitrogen is my favorite since 78% of free, plain air is made up of the stuff.

#5 wrprice, Jun 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  6. 'LectroFuel

'LectroFuel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    The appliqué changes the look of the interior dramatically. It covers up the bright white console. I love the white so I didn't get it. It's all about personal opinion. I wouldn't get the black appliqué because it brightens the interior and it costs money. I heard that the appliqué is also hard or impossible to take off. It's installed in the car at the port before they unload it. so it isn't something you can change quickly.

bisco likes this.
  7. saibari

saibari Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thanks! I'm glad I didn't get the applique. While I was first put off by the white console and white softech in the moonstone upholstery, now I love the bright look it gives the interior! :)

'LectroFuel and krmcg like this.
  8. jbkendrick

jbkendrick Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I agree, and with the moonstone looks even better with the moon roof shade pulled back. You feel like you in a much larger luxury car, or sitting in your living room, even more so when the drcc is doing part of the driving for you J

'LectroFuel and krmcg like this.