1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Buying car right NOW. Low profile tires? Urgent

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by wewantaprius, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Sounds like strong arm tactics to me! I realize the Prius is in high demand right now because of gas prices and the disaster in Japan, but that's no excuse to fleece anyone! I would not pay one dime over MSRP listed on the main window sticker! If they are not willing to put the OEM wheels back on and sell it for MSRP, then tell them to eat the cost of the aftermarket wheels or you'll shop somewhere else.

Another thing to consider, if this dealership is this sleazy in sales, chances are the service department is just as sleazy! It's a direct reflection of management!

2. green4u

green4u New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've seen several dealers rock Five Axis rims sometimes with full body kits. IMO it's a rip off bc even if you really wanted those parts they cam be found cheaper online or somewhere else. Dealer will sell it for MSRP or even higher.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    nice looking wheels and tires tho.

4. green4u

green4u New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Here are the rims. Verde Protocol. $140/rim:

Custom Rims, Chrome Wheels, Custom Wheels, Chrome Rims

I can't tell what the tires are, but low profile tires can be expensive (~$1000+).

So $1900 extra is about right. It's still not fair though, as I doubt even if you wanted rims/tires, those are the exact ones you'd want.

5. wewantaprius

wewantaprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    We are at a different dealership. How much SHOULD the car cost for blizzard pearl, navigation, and the solar sunroof?

Also, is the extended warranty for 10 years/100,000 miles really needed?

Thank you so much for the help! We have not yet gone to pick up the car or taken the check to them.

6. tpfun

tpfun New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    15 inch tires make the Prius look even more like a box on wheels.
    If better looks matter, go for the fancier tires.

7. green4u

green4u New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    without leather? ~$28,540 MSRP (this is a III w/ solar and nav)

w/ leather? ~$31,750 MSRP (this is a IV w/ solar and nav)

Don't buy the extended warranty yet. You have 30 days to decide on it.

8. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    You may as well ignore the resident Troll (Internet) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia who doesn't even own a Prius and goes out of his way to slam and slander the Prius at every opportunity (for some reason).
    As a data point, I priced one out on Edmunds.com and it claims the TMV (their "True Market Value") for the 90024 zip code is exactly MSRP minus $500 incentive. For a 2011 model Four w/solar roof package (and I added cargo net, cargo organizer, and carpet floor/cargo mat Set, since you might be forced those on you), it came out to $31,460 after $500 incentive was taken off.

I suggest you price it out yourself at 2011 Toyota Prius Four Price With Options. I can't speak to what current market prices are like in light of the high gas prices and some dealers taking advantage of this coupled w/the halted production I mentioned earlier. (I have not been in the market for a Prius since 2006.)

Most here (and Consumer Reports) would say no on the extended warranty. Since you're in CA, I hope you realize that the HV battery is warranted already for 10 years/150K miles and you also get a 15 year/150K mile emissions warranty. The rest of the car isn't warranted for that long though

BTW, please do check the numbers on the loan via a calculator page like Auto loan calculator - Bankrate.com and also use its amoritzation table. I was puzzled by
    from the previous dealer. The $44K sounded totally out of whack for a $34K 72 month loan at 2.9% interest.

9. green4u

green4u New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My prices before was off. I went to the toyota website and found the right answer:

without leather ~$28,540 MSRP (this is a III w/ solar and nav)

w/ leather ~$31,750 MSRP (this is a IV w/ solar and nav)

10. tpfun

tpfun New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    My jaw dropped on reading that and that. :eek:

The stealer really pulled one on you.
    Sorry to hear that but still at the end of day, it's just money.

The next vehicle you purchase, do let us know, I am sure someone here can get you a better deal with just a small additional fee.

11. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    In 90210 a Blizzard Pearl Four-Solar has an invoice of $29639, MSRP $31790 and a AAA buy price of $30139 including the $500 incentive. The dealer is 14.3 miles away.

Cancel the deal even if you lose the deposit. Go through a buying program and if you are close enough contact Dianne Whitmere.

The dealer swapped out the wheels & tires (what about the TPMS?) to increase the profit & wants more profit to return the car to its original state. It's not illegal but IMO it's sleazy. The Prius isn't rare enough to have to tolerate this attitude.

12. green4u

green4u New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm following this thread like a Lakers game. OP, what are you going to do?!?!?!

Tick tock tick tock. :D

13. tpfun

tpfun New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    :D

Are Toyota dealerships selling cars without wheels now ?

14. wewantaprius

wewantaprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    We canceled the deal with the dealership. When we spoke to the man who sold it to us, he still denied that a Costco deal is offered on Prii, even though we went to another dealership TODAY who told us they would honor the Costco deal, give us the car we wanted, at MSRP cost, WITH wheels at no extra cost. The price the dealership we went to today quoted us for all of this w/ leather interior, white paint, the solar sunroof, and NORMAL stock wheels was $32,059. + the costco deal made a full total of $31,929.

MSRP $26,850
    Solar roof package/accessories w/ navigation etc etc etc $4180
    Rear bumper applique $69
    Carpet floor mats cargo mat $200
    Destination charge $760

Is $31,929 a good price? This is the price before taxes.

15. wewantaprius

wewantaprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    NOW, the original company has called back and is offering us 32,279, with the original stock wheels. Unsure if we can get the $350 costco discount from them or not...we'll see. Is this a good price?

16. green4u

green4u New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No honestly, it is not a good price.

17. wewantaprius

wewantaprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    What price should we be looking for?
    we want the upgrades of a leather interior, navigation, and a sunroof, on the prius IV in blizzard pearl.

18. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    the price is right on the window sticker. that's about as good as your going to do these days. $31,929. is a good price. you may or may not save 4-500. by shopping around. how much is your time worth? we are talking one percent of the price of the car. prices are going up, not down. all the best!

19. wewantaprius

wewantaprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    So we came to look at the car as the first dealer had called us back, claiming they will match the price. the section on the trunk looks more yellow..different than the rest of the car. Is this normal with the blizzard pearl paint? I know a slight difference is normal but this appears to be a significant difference..

20. dustoff003

dustoff003 Blizzard Brigade #003

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    wewantaprius are you just stringing us along here? When you get your Prius are you going to change your username to wehaveaprius? No there should be no color difference between any part of the car Blizzard Pearl or any other color. If there is something is wrong.