1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Buying car right NOW. Low profile tires? Urgent

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by wewantaprius, Mar 25, 2011.

1. wewantaprius

wewantaprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    How low in supply are white prius IVs with the sunroof leather and navigation? They are telling us, there are VERY few in supply.

Would 31,280 - 800 in compensation for the scratches be a good price? It is only a month old. This includes the roadside package, Premium accessory package (floormats, cargo net etc.)

2. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    That is a popular color and package combination, and it's hard to say what the distribution is across the US. Right now with gas prices up, and the disaster in Japan, there probably is a shortage. If you can wait till the end of summer, supplies should be back up as production will be back where it was, and gas prices may have stabilized. If you have to purchase right now, unfortunately, you are at the mercy of the dealerships that have stock on hand...

If you really want a good deal, leave the dealership, go home and do some more research. Use sites like trueCar.com or USAA to get a pre-negotiated deal. I purchased last July at $3300 under Invoice by going through USAA! This is not a good time to get a good deal on a Prius!

3. wewantaprius

wewantaprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    My mom says she doesn't want to wait because it's too much of a gamble..prices of prius's may go up due to gas rising in price. Thanks for the advice though. If it weren't such a question mark as to what will happen with the price, we would wait. They would also lose a lot of money in gas in the meantime, they drive a lot.

We've chosen to but the car, at 31,196. Truecar.com said anything below 32k was a "great" deal.

4. twittel

twittel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    When they get to the dealership, they'll back out. I'm just saying I have a feeling something will be terribly wrong!

5. wewantaprius

wewantaprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Weve been at the dealership this entire time. I believe telling them what happened prior to this helped quite a bit, plus the guy was really nice...calm..talked at a normal speed..NORMAL. We're just signing papers now.

last question..is an extended warranty really needed?

6. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    NOT FROM THE DEALERSHIP!!!! You can buy one through here for less ($1050 for 7 Year 100K mi), and you don't have to purchase an extended warranty right away! Anytime before you hit 3 years or 36K miles is fine! Decline all the extras the finance guy tries to sell! You have time to think about it and weigh options!

7. wewantaprius

wewantaprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Ok, that's very helpful, thank you!

8. green4u

green4u New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    ^I feel like we've told you that 100 times but only now you're listening... *sigh*

9. wewantaprius

wewantaprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    The only thing that was mentioned was that a poster guessed the first dealership had sold us the extended warranty as well. There is no need to get all upset..unecessary.

10. Dmanpizza

Dmanpizza 2010 IV Solar Roof & Navi

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    As long as they are happy with the car and the price, nothing else matters:)
    Congrats.

1 person likes this.
  11. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    You are welcome! Congrats on the new car, be sure to post some pics! :cheer2:

12. tpfun

tpfun New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You did check the history of the month old used car right ?

13. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
  14. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No. There's probably no car that is less in need of an extended warranty than a 2011 Prius. You would almost certainly never get back even half of what you pay for it, and most likely nothing at all.

15. green4u

green4u New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So did you buy it? My goodness I've never seen a purchase take this long. Pics or it didn't happen. :)

16. wewantaprius

wewantaprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Here's the review I posted of the original dealership on multiple websites. The original dealership was Capistrano Toyota.
    Capistrano Toyota Scion - San Juan Capistrano, CA, 92675 - Citysearch

We ended up buying from Carlsbad Toyota. They were WONDERFUL. We were helped by 2 fleet managers, Omar and Duff, who were so nice, calm, and helpful.

Green4u, I'm not sure if that's a joke? Thanks for the interest though.

We got 41 mpg driving home for about 30 minutes on the freeway/partial stop and go traffic. I know it will improve as we learn how to drive the car correctly.

17. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    :rockon: congrats! and thanks for the tip on capistrano.;)

18. tpfun

tpfun New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm with Green4u. Pics ?

All stealerships are out to empty your pocket so don't blame me for taking the wonderful dealership spiel with a grain a salt.

19. crash0099

crash0099 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I don't know about you guys (and gals) but I think I would have to complain about that dealer to Toyota! I just can't stand someone who is trying to take advantage of a good customer. It sounds like they were trying to steal the wheels and then lie about the car coming with out wheels. Has anyone ever heard of a car dealer taking delivery of a vehicle with wheels and tires? At the least I would call and ask to speak to the manager of the dealership and tell them that they lost the sale due to that sales person. That is my opinion (we all know what they are worth).

To "WewantaPrius" best of luck with your new car. No, I wouldn't buy the Ext. Warranty and I didn't (my car will be here next week). I hope your parents are tech savy people so they can learn all of what their car can do. Me I opted for the base lll with no options at all just so I could have the decent radio. Have fun and enjoy!

20. Codyroo

Codyroo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I skimmed through some of the pages. Did anyone mention/suggest that the OP try Diane for their purchase? She supports the site and is in the dealer section.

:cheer2: