1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Buying choice: 2008 135000 km or 2010 175000 km ?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by kensiko, Mar 4, 2013.

1. KCPrius

KCPrius Member

That is true...my ex'es 2005 had the recall for the water pump fixed when she got it, but all the "warning lights of death" come on at 160,000 miles. She towed it in the dealer. I told her to expect a pretty hefty hit. The dealer called and told her that it was covered under warranty - the damage was caused by the water pump. So that expensive inverter failure was taken care of at no cost to her.

fotomoto likes this.
  2. kensiko

kensiko Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Tesla Model S
    Model:
    II
    It's mine!

Good condition overall. It's really a silent car, happy with that, and I ran 600 km to get it home. I'm on winter tires (michelin X-ices) and I was able to do 4.5 liters / 100 km, really good!

Now for the small hickups. The trailer hitch is detachable but it is stuck in rust, I will probably get this solved next weekend. After that, this morning I changed the oil. I quickly saw the oil door cover missing. Is this an issue if the door is not there? I saw a few solutions on this forum.

FYI I had a hard time getting the filter cap, I didn't have the oil filter wrench, I used a universal one that didn't fit well, I may have created a few scratches on the cover, but I don't mind.

3. css28

css28 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The missing door might add a little bit of wind drag and may catch on snowbanks. Aside from that, I don't think it's a problem.

4. Armyguy03

Armyguy03 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Congrats on your purchase.