1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Buying Used Prius, price range help?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by TraxY, Sep 28, 2013.

1. TraxY

TraxY New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    all. I am looking to buy my first Prius. It's used 2009 model.

It has 27k miles on it, and 2 previous owners. Also it has a salvage/restored title, but I checked the Carfax and there doesn't seem to be any frame damage, nor were airbags deployed from the incident.

The price asked for was $13,000, of course I am going to take it to a mechanic first to have a complete check up. But is this price reasonable since it is a salvaged title? I plan on driving this car for a long time. I have never really negotiated, so I'm just trying to figure out if it is a good price...

2. desmondlee

desmondlee Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    salvaged means the car has been totaled before - so something bad had to have happened to this car.
    You should also check with your insurance company to see if something happens to this car after you buy it,
    will they cover the value of the car or how do you determine the value of the car.
    I, myself would stay away from this car. Also, not sure how this car having two previous owners can only have 27k miles on it.

This is just my opinion.