1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Buying your first-choice Prius or "settling"

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Jack 06, Nov 18, 2005.

?
  1. 1. exactly the combo desired, but had to wait 2 mo. or more

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2. exactly the combo desired, by luck, "walking in" to dealer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3. the pkg desired, but not the color-after being on waitlist

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4. the pkg desired, but not the color-walk-in

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 5. the color desired, but not the pkg-after being on waitlist

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 6. the color desired, but not the pkg-walk-in

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 7. NEITHER color/pkg desired but wanted one NOW (walk-in)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 8. NEITHER color/pkg desired and STILL waited 2 mo or more

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 9. was flexible on both, thus satisfied after walking-in

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 10 was flexible on both but STILL waited 2 mo or more

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. hockeybrat

hockeybrat Member

I voted that I got my package (#4) ordered but not the color. My first choice had been the Seaside Pearl, then Magnetic Grey and finally Classic Silver.

About 2 weeks before Sputnik arrived, I contacted the dealership to see who my new contact was as my salesgal left Bob Bridge. They told me at that time that I was allocated a Classic Silver. I was bummed out at first because I was really looking forward to the Seaside. But if I wanted to wait for the blue, it would have meant another 4-6 weeks and I wasn't really willing to wait. But, as it turns out, I think I made a wise decision in getting the Classic Silver so in the end, I am happy that I decided on the Silver. :p :D

2. BellBoy

BellBoy Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    To throw my response into the ring...

I ordered mine (around 1/7) exactly like I wanted it (#8, w/glass breakage sensor) and waited about a month and a half before I could pick it up (3/1).

3. Marlin

Marlin New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Both of my Prii were walk-ins. Each time I walked in and then drove away three hours later with a Prius. Both ended up being silver which was not our first choice. I would have preferred Seaside Pearl, but driving away with one was more important to me than the color.

I can be quasi-impulsive. It actually takes me quite some time to come to a major decision like what car to buy, weeks or months, but when I finally make the decision, I want it right then.

My father also bought a Prius. He was a walk-in too and he ended up with silver as well.

4. Walker1

Walker1 Empire

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    We got the pkg. we wanted the day we went to the dlr. The color choices were so-so. We went with black. No waiting list. We wanted pkg. 1 and it was avaliable in 3 colors. Black is good unless you live on a filthy dirt road like we do. It's all but impossible to keep Sir Gumdrop clean in the dry saeson.