1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Buzzers, Bells and Chirps

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by blane, Jan 4, 2020.

1. blane

blane Carmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    Recently Elektroingenieur offered the following advice having to do with windshield wiper sensors.

"On techinfo.toyota.com, it’s in the Repair Manual for the 2016–2019 Prius, under ........"

I am interested in researching that repair manual also - for an unrelated issue with my 2019 Prius XLE. I haven't subscribed yet because, as you will see from the image that I've attached below, the techinfo site shows everything but the repair manual.

Toyota Techinfo.JPG
    If anyone here has access to the manual, I'd appreciate it if you could check to see if there is any information about how a Toyota technician can boost the volume of buzzers, bells, chirps, etc beyond the limited 2 or 3 stage owner Customizable Features adjustments spelled out on pages 780 to 790 of the Owner's Manual.

https://www.toyota.com/t3Portal/document/om-s/OM47C35U/pdf/OM47C35U.pdf

The dealer's service advisers haven't a clue, so I'd like to point them in the right direction when or if I bring my car in for such an update.

My concern is boosting the volume of the following, for example:
    • Door locking chirp (heard outside of vehicle)
    • Lane Departure Alert
    • Turn Signal
    • Blind Spot Monitor
    • Pre-Collision Warning
    • Door Lock Buzzer
    • Open Door Warning
    • Power Window Open Reminder
    • Vehicle Sway Warning
    • Hands Off Steering Wheel Warning
    • Rear Cross Traffic Alert
    • Obstacle Detection (side)
    • Seat Belt Reminder
    • Low Engine Oil Pressure

2. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    The list shows the manuals available on the site at no charge, i.e., “Emergency Response Guides, Dismantling Guides and Owner’s Manuals.” For an overview of what’s included with the subscription (from $20), click the What Is TIS? link. The Repair Manual, New Car Features, Electrical Wiring Diagram, Collision Repair Manual, service bulletins, campaign publications, etc., for 2001–2020 Prius cars are all available.
    The Repair Manual (more info), under General: Introduction: Repair Instruction: Customize Parameters, has an index of the lists of parameters that can be customized using a Toyota Techstream diagnostic system. I saw only one volume setting not mentioned in the Owner’s Manual, for the flasher (turn signal) sound. I’m not aware of any other volume adjustments, even for technicians, other than the large knob on the radio.

alanclarkeau likes this.