1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

BY PASS LOCKOUT NAV, MUSIC, CONTACKS

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by marcoinpb, Feb 18, 2019.

1. marcoinpb

marcoinpb Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    upload_2019-2-18_18-1-29.jpeg

2. schja01

schja01 One of very few in Chicagoland

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Why when you have Voice Commands?

3. marcoinpb

marcoinpb Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Just posted box photo of the TVK-66 By Pass device shipped to me directly DHL from Japan. This item is, I believe, available in the US from Beat-Sonic.

This is my third Prius needing a by pass to utilize and manage Navigation, Music or Contact info while car moving. This took me a careful 90 minutes to install. Directly from Japan all documents in Japanese.

There is a very detailed Ytube Video from Beat-Sonic from Japan but in clear English. The instructions were clear for installation. But may be intimidating to many.

The device is actually an improvement over Gen2 and Gen3 bypass devices. The bypass is ALWAYS active with no need to turn it off and on. It does not disable anything at anytime. There is a switch to watch movies or activate the bypass. The video shows the old on/off switch for bypass but the shipped device is functionally changed as noted above.

Simply watch the ytube installation instruction before ordering.

Questions?

bisco likes this.
  4. marcoinpb

marcoinpb Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Indeed, if you find voice commands adequate, don’t consider this device.

5. luiset83

luiset83 Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    If it's anything like previous bypasses when the mod is active, the speedometer signal is changed (thus the bypass) so in fact the GPS position will not be accurate until the mod is disabled again.

6. Washingtonian

Washingtonian Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Sorry, but I have never heard the term "bypass" used. It looks like it would allow you to change an address on the navigation system while you are driving down the the freeway which I can't do now unless I pull to the side of the road and stop. Is that what this is all about?