1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bzyrice's Prius Progress Thread!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by bzyrice, Aug 3, 2011.

1. bzyrice

bzyrice Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Thanks means alot, since there are 3 other Pris that I can think of that are more bad a$$ then mine off the top of my head!!

How'd you know my name?

2. sc24vr6

sc24vr6 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I think you mention your name right before his post??

BR

Robert

1 person likes this.
  3. bzyrice

bzyrice Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    haha.. thanks.. oversight on my part!! Btw, I am going to post pics of your car on another site.. Ill send you the link when I do! :)

4. NC_Prius

NC_Prius Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    There are other nice Prii for sure, and there are some aspects of others I like better. But at least from a cosmetic standpoint, I like the combo of the color, tinting, weather guards, drop and rim selection you've chosen. I'm also not as impressed with the JDM tails (although I do like that the blinkers/backup lights are LED), so the choice of red vinyl overlays is okay for me.

I'd easily prefer your rims over the ones I have (if my car were lowered). Although I'd be hesitant about curb rash (since they're flush), the ride and my fuel economy. But they definitely look nice.

5. bzyrice

bzyrice Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I really really do appreciate that.. And I am with you on the JDM taillights.. not sure if I like them yet.. maybe see them in person? If you decide to go the vinyl route, hit up bluebatmobile and tell him I sent you!! I will be taking close ups of the taillight tint today to show the quality of the film..

My fuel economy has suffered alot.. fuel economy hasnt changed for city driving.. but highway driving I lost about 5mg!!! :eek: So next time I may invest in some LRR tires!

6. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    You'll have to see them in person. They really pop compared to vinyl overlays. All the bad a$$ cars have upgraded lights (bino, Rodney, etc. and Robert/sc24vr6 and GoldPianoGarden are planning to get the Valenti lights).

7. bzyrice

bzyrice Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yah I know.. but do not know if it is going to match the style I want.. :)

Well, I did a few more mods today.. Cost me less then 20.00 for the both of them..

Lets start off with the mod I didn't do myself.. With the advice from 32kcolors and HI MPG I had my 3rd brake light worked on. I ended up smoking the 3rd brake light. I wanted it to look invisible when they were not on. The tint shop charged me 10.00 for parts and labor.. Took them less then 30 minutes to do it!
    Here is a pic:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hides the 3rd brake light well!!

Then I decided I didn't need the rear wiper. I think that the rear wiper doesnt really do much .. so just to make it look more clean I removed it.. I used 2 other threads for help to do this (gotta give people credit where it is deserved!! lol):
    1. Snake Doctor's thread on how to remove the rear spoiler (this showed me how to remove the rear plastic: http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii...363-gen-iii-spoiler-removal-w-photos-how.html
    2. HAWAIIANBUILT thread was the original thread where I saw this mod. Post #284 in his progress thread: http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii...tyling-my-prius-iii-build-29.html#post1240019

So, here are the parts I bought (less then 10.00):
    [​IMG]
    This part can be found in the hardware isle in the drawers that are labeled plugs at Lowes:
    [​IMG]
    Out of the wrapper:
    [​IMG]
    Under side:
    [​IMG]
    Painted:
    [​IMG]
    Ok, so to remove the rear windshield wiper you need to first remove the rear plastic. Start with each side first. Then pull off the main plastic (the part with the handle)... There are no screws, only clips.
    Here are the parts needed to be removed:
    [​IMG]
    Here is the underside so you can see the clips and their placement. To remove these pieces you just pull. You may need to pull a little hard to get them off:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Once plastic is off u can remove the rear wind shield wiper and motor. Open this cap first. Just lift up and then remove the bolt and remove the whole windshield wiper:
    [​IMG]
    Once you remove the rear wiper, remove the grommet:
    [​IMG]
    Remove 3 bolts and the wire harness from the wiper motor:
    [​IMG]
    Plug to remove:
    [​IMG]
    Install the painted hole plug and add silicon. I used a screwdriver to bend each end to hold the plug in place:
    [​IMG]
    Added lots of silicon:
    [​IMG]I then taped the wire harness to a white with black stripe wire to prevent any rattling:
    [​IMG]'

Once you are done, reinstall all plastic pieces and enjoy!!
    [​IMG]
    oooh so clean!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A cool pic!
    [​IMG]

So here is my updated Prius Progress list!!
    Prius Progress List:

- 05/14/2011 - 2011 Prius III Navi, JBL, Sun Roof, Solar Roof (ZVW30 )
    - 05/14/2011 - Carmate PL114A Black Metallic Finish Wide angle Rear View Mirror 270mm
    - 05/16/2011 - LED Bulbs (Interior, Trunk, Door Panels, City lights)
    - 05/19/2011 - Tint (20%)
    - 05/26/2011 - Reprogrammed door lock to unlock all 4 doors.
    - 05/26/2011 - Removed Voice Recognition
    - 06/03/2011 - Husky Rubber Interior Mats and OEM Rubber Trunk mat
    - 06/03/2011 - WeatherTech Sun Shade
    - 06/05/2011 - Center Caps (1 1/2" Knockout seal for electrical box)
    - 06/07/2011 - Vanity LED Lights

- 06/08/2011 - HID H11 6000K - Headlights
    - 06/11/2011 - JDM 2010 TOYOTA PRIUS CONSOLE TRAY CARMATE ZVW30 GRAY
    - 06/18/2011 - HIC USA Window Visor (Part Number T90)
    - 07/30/2011 - Tein H-tech
    - 08/02/2011 - PC Fog Lights
    - 08/02/2011 - Blitz Profile BRW rims 18x8 +45
    - 08/02/2011 - Muteki Black Lug nuts
    - 08/05/2011 - Bluebatmobile Taillight Overlay (Red taillights with smoked turn signals and reverse lights)
    - 08/10/2011 - Disabled Reverse and Seatbelt Warning Beeps
    - 08/10/2011 - 3rd Brake Light timt
    - 08/10/2011 - Removed rear wiper

4 people like this.
  8. sc24vr6

sc24vr6 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    This is great idea so clean :)

BR

Robert

1 person likes this.
  9. HI MPG

HI MPG Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I agree with Robert... Very clean, most def!

I am still debating whether to smoke the 3rd tail light. 32K suggested the idea to me after he wrapped his in red vinyl... I've just been slow about committing to it.

1 person likes this.
  10. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Definitely looks better without the rear wiper (which is useless in SoCal).

1 person likes this.
  11. bzyrice

bzyrice Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Thanks, are u planning on doing it?

For a 10.00 mod it was hardly a commitment for me.. lol .. If I dont like it I will just rip it off.. I say go for it!!

Yupperz!!

12. gr8fasushi

gr8fasushi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    i just got my prius a couple days ago with blue ribbon as well. I stumbled on this page and am excited about what my car could possibly look like!

do you have any problems with rubbing with those wheels? did you have to roll your fenders?

13. bzyrice

bzyrice Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Awesome make a progress post so I can see what u do with it!! Blue ribbon was my 3rd choice in color.. At the time it was the only car that had all the options I wanted.. But now I love it!!

It's funny because yesterday my wife and I were driving to work.. I see this 2010-2011 red prius with all it's windows down and sunroof open following me on the highway and exiting from the highway with me.. We get to a stop light and she pulls up along side us.. She signals for me to roll my window down.. And she said "that is the most bada$$ prius I have ever seen!!". And she asked if she could take a picture!! She looked to be in her 20s (pretty cute actually) and seemed to be a person into recycling and stuff (as far as I could tell because she had an earth day sticker on her car)
    My wife's mouth dropped to the floor!! With my old cars this happened, but she never thought it would happen in my prius!! Haha

As fir the wheels, No problems at all.. No rubbing.. I've had 4 adults and 1 6 year old in the car and no rubbing.. The only thing that sucks is that the design of the centercap on the wheels.. They are so flat the front center caps won't fit because the axle sticks so far out. May put a spacer, but the front is flush already.. So maybe I'll order a different centercap? I do not know, we will see!!

14. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    How did she speak the dollar signs? Like, "bada-cha ching cha ching Prius?"

15. bzyrice

bzyrice Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    haha.. I still can't believe that happened!

16. bzyrice

bzyrice Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I just got pulled over for the 20% tint on my front windows?! 93.00 ticket.. They said legal was 27%. Next paycheck I guess I am getting my front windows retinted!? ARGH..

17. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Consider yourself lucky because the legal limit for front side windows here in California is 70%! 27% is pretty good.

18. green4u

green4u New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    LOL you fool! What did you expect w/ a car that looks like that? ;)

19. MovnSilent

MovnSilent New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I say you leave the tint. The car looks clean man!! I have 20% all around on my Pirus in Cali. 1 month in no ticket lets hope it stays that way:pray:

In Cali we get FixIt tickets not sure if you get them but if you do Find a cop friend to sign off on it or work a deal with the tint shop to take it off and put it back on after. My neighbor is a former CHP and my tint shop already told me he would hook it up if i were to get a ticket.

20. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I believe it can be written as a moving violation or something similar such that you have to pay a fine. My buddy got one for tint on his Vette. I could be wrong though. I'll ask my CHP buddy.