1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

c foglights

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by Lenwood, Apr 20, 2012.

1. WD0AFQ

WD0AFQ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Anyone seen a better deal? None listed in the Prius Store. Need some mud guards also.
    Dan

2. kkim

kkim Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
  3. ROLOPR

ROLOPR Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Please provide videos of installation of this new fog light kit and verify if it recognizes in the dash as per installation details. In my case I need to figure out how to connect from the stalk to the computer :( if not I go with this also.

4. TxTkd

TxTkd New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Received my fog light kit today. Not sure if the pictures will showing up as thumbnail or full images? :)
    Fogkit3.JPG Fogkit2.JPG Fogkit1.JPG Fogkit4.JPG

5. ROLOPR

ROLOPR Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
  6. WD0AFQ

WD0AFQ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I like what you have shown us. I had planned to already have these ordered but seems xmas is right around the corner, and we have 16 grandkids. Will wait a little longer. I did read the instructions on the website and this looks like a very straight forward hookup, taking little time.
    Now, being so low to the ground they may be easily broken. There was a guy on the Vibe website that made lexan covers for Vibe fog lights. I got a set after breaking out a fog light lense. Might be a good idea here also. Super locking "velcro" type stuff held them on. Since I totalled out the Vibe I am going to grab the ones from it and see if I can use them here.
    Thanks for your time posting the fotos.
    Dan

7. TxTkd

TxTkd New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    I completed the installation late last night, I followed the instruction that was provided on the website, with minor tweaks. My dash not recognize the fog light, I guess that what the switch for :) .
    Below are few things that will be helpful to whoever doing the installation:
    • Use floor jack to raise the front of the car, it will helps open up the wheel well, easier to run the wires through the firewall.
    • Unscrew a 10 mm screw, before release the tabs holding the fog light cover. I guess they missed that step on number 24, 25 page 7 of the pdf.
    • A 3M silicon sealant will be handy, because the rubber gasket between the wheel well and carbin is small. For me I just add a bunch of sealant there, in case heavy rain :) (I bought the sealant at Academy, in the marine equipment section :) ).
    • On step 15, 16 page 5. Personally I recommend to 16, then 15, because there a bunch of purple wires :) (I actually tapped to the wrong purple on the first try, but realized my mistake when not able to find the pink wire). I believed picture 15 on page 5 is reversed (or just because I have a C1 ?!) . On C1, the top of the connector is the right side of the figure. and pins(32-40) will be on the left column. Kind of confusing, but if you just locate the pink wire first, then verify the proximity of the purple.
    Hope these help. fogInstall1.jpg fogInstall2.jpg fogInstall3.jpg fogInstall4.jpg fogInstall5.jpg

Hawkeye63 likes this.
  8. ROLOPR

ROLOPR Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Great, thanks for sharing the installation, well I have no choice to go with this kit to finish my installation.

9. WD0AFQ

WD0AFQ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Correct me if I am wrong here. Once custom wheels have been installed on a C, the fog lights are the only distinguishing outside appearance that separates a model 2 from a model 4.
    Dan

10. DKTVAV

DKTVAV Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I would say fog lights are the only thing separates model C4 from the rest.

11. SquallLHeart

SquallLHeart The Techie Guy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    there is a larger antenna base on the 3 and 4... so there's also that to look for.

12. ROLOPR

ROLOPR Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Don' forget the sunroof

13. KaliforniaKid

KaliforniaKid 2013 Prius v Five 2012 Priuc c Four

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    The faux leather Softex found only on a C4.

14. ROLOPR

ROLOPR Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Where I can get the wiring diagram for a PC4 for fog lights? Specially from steering wheel to Computer to dash. Asked Toyota in local dealer but they supposedly don't find it.

15. WD0AFQ

WD0AFQ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    We put the real leather in our C-2.
    Changed my antenna.
    Thanks,
    Dan

16. WD0AFQ

WD0AFQ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Having to hold onto my wallet trying not to order these yet. Wish the Prius site would add a few options for the C. I always check here first but just ame o same o. So, we buy them where we can.
    Thanks for all of the comments. Who knows the difference in the C models anyway other than another owner???
    This is a great site.
    Dan

17. PartsNinja

PartsNinja Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    There you go. Hope it helps.

Attached Files:

• ewd.pdf
      File size:
      22.8 KB
      Views:
  18. kwhubby

kwhubby Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Nice, a wiring diagram! Do you have any wiring diagrams relating to the P.C. 2 (fuse box, relays etc)? I opened my P.C. 2 and found the fog light harness wiring going up into the fuse box. I couldn't find a fuse or relay point for the foglights.
    I'd like to use a slot in the fuse box/ pre-existing wiring harness even if I have to bypass the ECU part that the P.C. 4 has.

The previously mentioned kit in this thread is wiring directly back to the battery, this seems counter-intuitive to me if one could tap into the large 12V feed that goes up to the front.

19. PartsNinja

PartsNinja Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    This is probably what you are looking for. See page two. You sound skilled. But be careful poking around in there. I would feel bad if something happened. I just want to help the project if it would work.

Attached Files:

• ewd2.pdf
      File size:
      64.7 KB
      Views:
  20. ROLOPR

ROLOPR Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I installed the fog lamps and the Stalk with factory wiring (PC2) but there is no cable from the stalk to the computer to the dash at least when installed. that why I want to know how to resolve this issue, I don't want to buy the kit before I can solve this, if not then sell the stalk and then move to the kit.