1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

c foglights

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by Lenwood, Apr 20, 2012.

1. ROLOPR

ROLOPR Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Does anyone know what are the headlight/fog stalk wiring gauge and pin crimps used in the following G10 connector photo (taken from a PC4) ? And where is the G59(A) connector located in the ECU (pic of G59(A) is better).

I need this info above, any help thanks.

After some research and the wiring diagram post by Partsninja, 2 wires is what are missing (not one) in the G10 connector.

So I plan to go from G59(A) pin#27 to G10 pin#4 [this is the grey wiring on PC 3&4 see pic below], then go from G10 pin#3 to G10 pin#16 [this is the white wiring on PC 3&4 see pic below], that's the two wire missing to have the stalk work for the fog lighs.

In theory the grey wire is the trigger when the head lights lights go on, the white loops from LFG to the HU. Looks like the white triggers the fog relay, and probably the dash light.

Stalk Description.png

2. wmo168

wmo168 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Pic of where the Main Body ECU is

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. ROLOPR

ROLOPR Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    You the man that's what I need. Thanks.

4. kingnba6

kingnba6 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    i plan on getting fogs for my C1. im assuming that there is no wiring in the C1 for fogs. even if there is i still plan on using a relay harness. the relay harness will be beneficial because i will not run any wires to the battery. i will on the other hand do this:
    pin 85 on the relay: ground some where in the engine bay
    pin 86 on the relay: will be tapped into the parking lights for the trigger function(i want to do this because that way the fog lights will work with the parking lights which means that they will always be on with the parking lights, low beams and high beams too)
    pin 87 on the relay: will be the positive wires going to the fog lights.
    pin 30 on the relay: will be the positive wire from the 12v battery (i plan on getting this from the drivers side fuse block in the engine bay [there is a heavy gauge 12v positive wire there])

does anybody understand what i plan on doing? if so please share your input on whether this is a good or bad idea. thanks

also is there a way to get the fog light indicator in the display to work with a aftermarket harness? i would really like to do that.

5. wmo168

wmo168 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
  6. SquallLHeart

SquallLHeart The Techie Guy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    ehh.. i rather have the switch on the stalk.. though yes.. it would be easier to add a switch to the dash panel.

7. fuhreshahh

fuhreshahh New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I was wondering if you installed your fogs yet and know which pin I can connect to in order to run the fogs in drl-highs I'm using that McDonough kit

8. kingnba6

kingnba6 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    hey, i dont know how to make that kit work with the high beams. sorry. i havent looked at that kit. but since its connected to the ECU it might be a bit hard.

im sure you can just run a relay with pin 86 getting power from the high beams. but that means everytime you flash the high beams, the fog lights will come on too. which i dont see any reason to do that.

im also sure theres a way to bypass the problem by playing around with the pins and what not. but im not too sure how to do that

9. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I never did understand the logic of turning fogs off when HBs came on.

10. kingnba6

kingnba6 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    its a legal stand point. legally you cant have more than 4 lights facing forward at the same time. so if you have high beams, low beams and fogs on then you have 6. well in certain states its like that

11. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    on the PC it's like that... but my Saturn would turn off the LB when the HB came on... and also turn off the fogs... really killed the close proximity visibility.

12. fuhreshahh

fuhreshahh New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks for the reply and advice. I thought about just playing with the pins. Guess I might. Gonna hid my fogs by next week.

13. Atuldo

Atuldo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Hello everybody
    blinglights is selling halo style fogs for 100$
    Did anybody deal with them(looks very shady....)

14. kingnba6

kingnba6 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    i actually bought a pair for a different car from bling lights. and let me tell you that the "halo" is CRAP! its basically unseen in the day time. and barely seen at night time. waste of money. i havent seen their prius lights, do you have a link?

15. Atuldo

Atuldo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Thank you,I won't go that way.....
    Sorry I don't know how to post a link(ipad)

16. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    It's just copy and paste.

17. B2FiNiTY

B2FiNiTY Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I finally installed these after getting them months ago.
    Took about three hours, most of it swearing up and down.

It's a really simple install on a C2 but it requires patience and is quite tedious. But the results are good. :)

18. jz13prius

jz13prius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Hi I'm new to the site and was wondering if the fog light kit on Ebay are the same as the ones McDonough sells? They look the same but can't tell. They are listed as 2012 prius c fog lights. Thanks for the help. Can anyone tell me if they are made well?

I can't post the link to them right now as I'm to new.

19. grizdogg

grizdogg Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Pre-amble: I haven't tried this out. But it is based on research here: DIY: How to add fog lights to a 2012+ Prius, Plug-in Prius

Slightly Cheaper Fog Lights
    3 Items to purchase:
    1. Toyota Part #81481-52450 - Right Lamp Housing
    2. Toyota Part #81482-52380 - Left Lamp Housing
    3. '06 -'08 Yaris Fog Light Kit from eBay - please make sure to get the kit with the proper switch (this is detailed out in the article linked above.
    From a quick search, it appears you can get the bezels for about $34/each but you may need to pay shipping. Depending on the eBay listing you find, I have seen the Yaris fog light kits for between $38 - $45. So, I would expect this to come in at about $110 to $125. You will have some waste with the old housing from the Yaris, but it will be about $30 or so less expensive. Just wanted to post this as an option for people looking to save a buck. Hopefully this will be in my near future.

Good luck with the mods and thanks to 5teve-0 over at the Balancing Act...

20. garm

garm mpg + cool = win

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I got a good aftermarket kit from Japan for about $150. Not too far off and a lot cheaper than the Toyota kit.