1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

C-Max hybrid to get 47mpg both city/hwy

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by fotomoto, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Husker4theSpurs

Husker4theSpurs Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Everything you said I can't argue with ... I like the Prius V too

2. sURFNmADNESS

sURFNmADNESS Prii Family

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Both C-Max and Prius V along with the Prius GenIII have their good points. I own a 2010 Gen III, 2012 Prius V and my boss has a C-Max. The C does not seem to be quite as big as the V. In fact, I actually found it to be shorter than the Gen III (173.6 for C and 176.4 for GIII.) The V is a limo by comparison at 181.7. :) I do like the way C and V seem to sit up in the drivers seat compared to the GIII. The C seems perkier to acceleration, but it should with the higher HP and shorter length. I look forward to the 2015 Toyota improvements to equal this one out while increasing MPG further.

The fact that anyone can get behind the wheel of any one of these 3 cars and get 40+ MPG without really changing their driving habits speaks greatly about their engineering and quality of build. It floors my 65+ yr old dad when he can drive my car and is getting 50+ mpg, yet driving like he normally would. Compared to the barely 20 mpg that most other cars get, I do not fear $4+ gas as badly, which will come to America eventually.

While I do like the features of the C-max, the best thing I like is that finally there is some actual competition for Toyota. The various Chevy, Honda and Nissan offerings so far have yet to even make any sort of threat to the Prius crown. At least C-Max makes a great attempt with some nice new features (like the hands free trunk release).

I do find it ironic that both manufactures have partnered with Microsoft and both have many complaints about their radio systems. I would have thought manufactures would have got radio systems figured out by now or partnered with a higher end company to offer better solutions. Even if Toyota would offer up an open source system like Android and let people build the apps for it. Entune OS appears to be based on Android. Let the Prius guys at it, lets tweak that thing the way it should be. ;)

Chazz8 and austingreen like this.
  3. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    For comparisons, the CMax is EPA classified as a large car with a passenger volume of 100 cu/ft while the v is 97 cu/ft and liftback is 94. The v has a much larger hatch.

Husker, are you on the fordcmaxhybrid forum? Different handle?

4. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for the update!

I was wondering if the software update would have any real effect. I'm glad it does seem to help.

5. sURFNmADNESS

sURFNmADNESS Prii Family

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Nope, not me. Always have used this handle.

BTW, not mine but this is an example of an Android Radio solution.

Toyota could have launched something like this in partnership with the Android developers. Within only a few years, the system would be most likely greater than anything currently on the market.

6. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I was asking husker4thespurs. Just didn't feel like typing his full handle.

7. Husker4theSpurs

Husker4theSpurs Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I am but I am not super active on there. Same handle

8. The C-Max was the first hybrid that I considered. What a sick bad-nice person interior. Imagine it: ambient mood lighting, blue LED display, real leather seats, electric up to 62 mph (great for long fast hills)... but when I started reading about people not getting 47 mpg, that was hard to take. I even asked to test drive one anyway. Dealer reserved the wrong car, plus the forecast went from sunny to 3 inches of snow, so I walked away.

9. Stevevee

Stevevee Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, Ford produced a very, very nice interior in the C-Max. Fusion as well. Quite a different market I would think from a C-Max to a Prius C. But I drove by one (C-Max) this afternoon, and it looked like a midget. Inside it feels larger.

10. Gouda Cheez

Gouda Cheez Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    C-max was the first hybrid I considered as well. Then I read the reviews about the sub par mpg and scratched it off my wish list. I hope they can fix the 'issues' they've had over the past year. I love the way it looks and am a fan of what Ford has been doing.

11. Stevevee

Stevevee Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

I like the concept, an most of the execution. I'm NOT a fan of how the COMPANY executed the deal, nor how they responded to the problems. I'm frankly amazed at how many people viewed Ford as being such an innocent.