1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

C0510 Error Code 2017 Prime

Discussion in 'Prime Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by mgelder, Feb 13, 2023.

1. mgelder

mgelder Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Wondering if anyone could help with this. My check engine light came on earlier along with a number of other warnings, low brake power, lane detection not working, crash avoidance not working, and maybe one or two others. I pulled over, checked online to see what was what and somewhere someone suggested that it might be a low voltage on the 12 v battery (which I replaced with a factory battery about 6 months ago). so I started the car up and the only thing that came on was the check engine light. So I drove home and got the OBD2 reader out and it pulled one error code C0501. I can't seem to find that code anywhere. Any thoughts? I will be taking it to the dealer but it would be nice if I didn't have to rearrange my life around getting it there tomorrow and instead was able to drive it for a few days.
    thanks for any thoughts
    Matt

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    you need a better code reader

3. ALS74

ALS74 New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Hi Matt I have a 2017 Prius Prime and it has the same code! I tried finding a left rear speed sensor and only front and right are coming up at auto shops for available products. Can you advise? Thanks! Amy