1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

C1 Doors Automatically Locking

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by 2015Prius2, Mar 5, 2013.

1. 2015Prius2

2015Prius2 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    So I have noticed that if I unlock the doors on my C1 and don't enter right away, the doors lock on their own withing a minute or two. Anyone else notice this or know if that can be changed? I kinda like it because I have forgotten to lock it a few times, but it would be nice to turn that off if I will be in and out of the car frequently.

2. vincent1449p

vincent1449p Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    It is a customized setting and can be changed by your dealer. The default setting is 60 secs. and can be changed to 30 or 120 secs. There is another option to turn it off/on if desired. You can check out the list of customized settings in your owner's manual on Pg 516 ~ 521.

Vincent

3. RocMills

RocMills Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I'm not sure that's something that I, personally, would ever want to turn off... mostly because I'd be afraid of forgetting to turn it back on. It's quite comforting to know that if I forget to lock the car, or if I thought I locked it but actually didn't, the car will take care of itself.

4. 2015Prius2

2015Prius2 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two

Thanks, I think I will check in to programming it for 120 sec. I like the feature but if I'm saying goodbye after I've unlocked, it usually locks before I open the door.

5. Ashley7

Ashley7 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    Don't unlock it until you're ready to get into the car? :)

As for getting in and out of the car frequently--correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it only automatically locks if you haven't opened a door. I imagine if you open the door, leave, and come back, the doors should remain unlocked. I could be totally wrong, that's just how I understood it.

6. vincent1449p

vincent1449p Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    That is correct.

I like this security feature. Let's say if my intention is to lock the doors but accidentally pressed the Unlock button in a hurry and didn't notice the emergency flashers flash once or twice, the car will automatically lock itself after the elapse time. I don't have to worry that I did not lock my car.

Vincent

RocMills likes this.