1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

C1214 Hydraulic System malfunction

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Bisprius, May 4, 2021.

1. Bisprius

Bisprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Hi everyone, I have a Prius 2010 base model and it has three lights on the dashboard recently (Abs, traction control and brake). The brake seems working but occasionally goes all the way down to the floor and needs manual pumping at the stop.

The code stored is C1214 Hydraulic System malfunction. What could

diagnosed with a nearby mechanics and was suggested that one of his previous customer changed ABS module and Accurator though he doesn’t do it (a expensive fix) .

What might be the cause / common fixes.
    Please suggest me the effective way to fix if anybody has had the similar problem before.
    Thanks

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!
    i think he's right, you need a new brake actuator. check with toyota to see if it is under extended warranty

Bisprius likes this.
  3. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    That’s one possible cause. The Repair Manual (more info) suggests some others, too, such as a brake fluid leak or excessive wear of a brake rotor, which might be much less costly to repair.

The first steps in the diagnostic procedure for DTC C1214 are to check for leaks, bleed air out of the brake system (which requires a Toyota Techstream diagnostic system or equivalent), and check the electrical connections at the brake booster with master cylinder assembly.

Bisprius likes this.
  4. Bisprius

Bisprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Thank you and sorry for the late reply. The problem was the brake leak and the rear brake caliper.

Elektroingenieur likes this.
  5. Adam O

Adam O Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Thanks so much for coming back to update.

I know it has been awhile since this happened to you.
    Do you remember where the leak was?