1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

C1239 and C1467 Left Rear

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Bob Mintus, Apr 27, 2021.

1. Bob Mintus

Bob Mintus New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    2013 Prius Two, 220000 mi, NE Ohio roads.

Several weeks ago, I started having intermittent brake issues that would cause the Traction Control, ABS, Brake and fault lights to all come on together. After it became permanent, I checked and found that my left rear ABS sensor only had one terminal. This was the original rear bearing... The other terminal had corroded clear through and was buried in the connector. I replaced the harness section and hub and everything was fine for several weeks.

However, over the last couple of days, I've had several times when the lights came back on when driving at highway speeds. Each time, everything reset and went back to normal when I shutoff the car.

I had the codes checked and found that it was reporting a C1239 for foreign material on left rear sensor tip along with the C1467. I checked the sensor cable and saw no damage and the connector seemed to be firmly connected to the hub.

Any suggestions?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    did you have to splice any wires?

3. Bob Mintus

Bob Mintus New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    No. I replaced the harness from the ABS sensor in the hub to the ABS sensor harness in the car (the connector is near the shock tower under the battery cover).

4. TonyGB

TonyGB Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    ----UK----
    have you fixed this issue and what was the problem? I have the same fault codes, the C1239 was deleted but the C1467 remains and can not be cleared out. Sensor harness checked and looks ok, will get some measurements tomorrow but wonder if the ecu or brake booster solenoid may require some reprogramming? Any help or information highly appreciated
    Thanks

5. Bob Mintus

Bob Mintus New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I replaced both the harness and the bearing/hub assembly. One of the terminals had corroded and actually broke apart, half in the connector, which I could not get out. Replacing the harness was a bit of struggle. Taking the battery cover off made it easy to get to the connector by the shock mount.