1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

C1259 C1310 no start

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Tako357, Dec 17, 2021.

1. Tako357

Tako357 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi everyone, im new here and this is my first post, you guys have been instrumental in helping me keep my baby on the road, and im hoping someone can help me out once again.

i bought another 07, had the brake light on. No problem, ive replaced many abs units, that part went smoothly. My issue is that after i replaced the abs, the lights came back on and the car wont start. I typically use Torque with the bluetooth dongle for the prius and i usually have good luck with that. But on this car, Torque shows no codes. So i borrowed my uncles generic scanner and managed to get a C1259 and C1310 out of it. The internet says its the skid ecu, which is located under the dash if im not mistaken. However, when i swapped the hv battery out of my personal car into this prius, it cleared up the issue and the car ran great. I disassembled the battery, the cells are in good shape visually and the voltage on each cell seems to be fine. What do you guys think? Battery ecu? Im down to my last $150 and i have to make sure i buy the right parts. I really appreciate any help, im in a real bad way and need to sell this car by the new year

2. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    C1259 and C1310 are indicative of other codes set in the hybrid vehicle ECU. You need to use a more capable code scanner. Now that have that battery out of the car, you are now flying blind. Can you reinstall the battery into another car and do a proper code scan?

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    To add a little more emphasis: what C1259 and C1310 specifically mean is that the brake ECU received messages from the HV ECU to tell it that trouble codes have been set there. So while those two codes are set in the brake ECU, they don't indicate a brake problem, and they mean beyond doubt that HV ECU trouble codes exist,

4. Tako357

Tako357 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I dont have a proper scanner as of yet, but i do have the mini vci coming on wednesday. I did some testing since i had nothing better to do til then, i swapped all the modules from my personal battery. It didnt change anything, so one by one i swapped the relays and the ecu. The last one i did was the two relays that that the orange cables bolt onto. But when i was putting the battery back in i crushed the b11 connector that goes from the car to the battery ecu. Any ideas on where i can pick up one of those connectors?