1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

C1259 p3140

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by Madpennywise, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Madpennywise

Madpennywise New Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I've been reading a lot of these discussions and haven't found anyone with the same 2 codes I have and why. I've checked the bridged connection on the inverter and the battery can't find anything wrong and I've replaced the HV battery and the HV ecu. Same codes. Can anyone help point me in the right direction I'd much appreciate any help.

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The P3140 is the HV ECU code that matters. The C1259 is nothing but the brake ECU saying "hey, did you hear the HV ECU has a code that matters?"

There is an interlock microswitch in the handle of the battery service plug, as you surely already know, and an interlock at the cover of the inverter. The inverter cover interlock should have the effect of grounding the inverter's CVRSW pin when the cover is correctly in place. Wiring runs from CVRSW through the engine compartment harness, to junction IH1 behind the driver's kick panel into the floor harness, aft to the battery switch, forward again to junction IF1 (also behind the driver's kick) into the instrument panel harness, and over to the ILK terminal of the HV ECU.

So the result of all of that should be when the inverter cover and battery plug switch are both correctly positioned, the HV ECU's ILK terminal should be pulled to ground.

If it isn't, an ohmmeter visiting the various places in the story ought to unravel the mystery pretty swiftly.

donbright likes this.