1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

C2121 C2179 & C1364 ~ Prius 2008

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Pavel Pilat, Jan 23, 2023.

1. Pavel Pilat

Pavel Pilat Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Hey guys, I'm stuck and need help. I have a 2008 Prius Gen 2 with 154,xxx miles.

A while ago all the abs lights and tpms light came on the dashboard. Before really trying to find the cause I went ahead and replaced the abs actuator because I was getting a chirping sound + the abs pump came on more often then it should have. The abs pump works normal now, but the lights are still there.

After that, I diagnosed that the rear right brake cylinder does not engage at all. I had just replaced it as well. When the bleeding of brake fluid was done, the brake fluid was pumped out/bled by the actuator as it should, but when I went back to that wheel to bleed a bit more since I had left over fluid, I could not bleed it again.

After diagnosing the C1364 code from a service manual I found, it suggested to switch ok the Skid Steer ECU, which I did. But no luck.

The vehicle also won't complete the yaw rate sensor calibration (at least that is what it seems like because the ABS light does not blink like Tech Stream says it should)

Here are the codes I am getting:

ABS System:
    - C1364 W/C Pressure Sensor

TPMS System:
    - C2121 Cannot Receive a Data from Transmitter IDU 1
    - C2179 Tire Pressure Monitor ECU Communication Stop

Any ideas?

#1 Pavel Pilat, Jan 23, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2023
  2. Pavel Pilat

Pavel Pilat Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
  3. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The TPMS sensor codes are inconsequential at the moment and unrelated to your main code C1364.

There are 19 sub-codes related to C1364 so if can get that, it will greatly reduce the diagnostic effort.

4. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    What data do you see for the right rear vs. left rear pressure sensors? (Both at with the brakes released, then applied.)

If you clear the ABS code, does it return immediately?

Since you have replaced the actuator (which has the sensors), and the ecu (which "reads" the inputs from those sensors), that suggests that the wiring and connectors between the two could be a likely cause of your fault.

You have a "known good" LR pressure sensor CIRCUIT- gotta find out what's different on the RR.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.