1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cabin Air Filter and "Cabin Service" (?)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by gbbari, Feb 8, 2008.

1. bingee3

bingee3 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    They forgot to add ,,, change the summer air in the tires to winter air $20.00 flat charge

AzWxGuy likes this.
  2. 09Prius2

09Prius2 Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Wow they did you way better than me. I came up with almost the same quote with 4 times the miles.

I went to a dealer while I was out of town and did see that the google reviews sucked, but I figured I could trust them to change the oil. Sure enough, I'm presented with a $1k "estimate" which I even attempted to appear interested in. The cabin air filter on the quote was $50. I replaced it for $5. Not doing anything else.

I do notice a mold smell sometimes but I don't think its from the hvac. If it rains alot and the carpets get water tracked in is probably why. I've never heard of hardly anything on that estimate list that would actually be required for a vehicle with such low mileage, let alone if it had 200k.